[FIXED] Random CTDs due to internet and hardware issues

Really if they don’t fix this mess of game refund it’s complicated since I buy the game in windows store. But this is last time I Buy a Microsfot Flight Simulator. I’m very disapointed with the mess game and the support.

1 Like

@all , EpicPrimus from our other thread has made a really good statement! Read it as it also applies for this thread.

2 Likes

I don’t want o ■■■■ nothing and less the game I and it seems they don’t care about my game. I send a ticket to them the unique anwsered they give-me was this : " Support September 10, 2020 15:08

Hi Mario,

If you encounter issues trying to run Microsoft Flight Simulator on your PC, please use the following methods in the order in which they are presented.

Before doing anything else:

If the problem persists:

Make sure the Xbox Services are running automatically.

• In the Windows search bar, type “Services”
  • Select “Services”
  • Scroll down to the bottom. Double-click on each entry for Xbox and make sure none of those services are disabled or set to manual. Set everything to “Automatic”.

INVESTIGATE
Before attempting the troubleshooting steps below, we invite you to investigate the likely cause of the crash.

Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking

This step will help identify if the issues lie with the hardware or software: if the sim doesn’t start in safe mode, it is likely a problem with the hardware (for instance: corrupted drivers or overclocking) but if the sim runs normally in safe mode, it’s likely a problem with a program (antivirus/firewalls, conflicts).

Please refer to this article from the Microsoft help-center for detailed instructions:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Once you have found the likely cause of the problem, proceed with the troubleshooting.

Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements
Please ensure that your Windows 10 version is 1909 or higher and that your system is fully updated.

• Make sure Windows is up to date :

• Select Start , then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates.
    • For more information/troubleshooting, see: Update Windows 10
  • Make sure all the updates in the Microsoft Store are installed, especially Gaming Services and Xbox Companion app .

• In the top right-hand side corner of the Microsoft Store, click on the Arrow icon or the three-dot menu > Downloads and updates. Then click " Get updates " > Update all

Note: You can turn on automatic updates in the Microsoft Store to make sure you won’t miss future updates.

• Select the Start screen, then select Microsoft Store
  • In Microsoft Store at the upper right, select the account menu (the three dots) and then select Settings .
  • Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to On .

Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ programs

• Press the Windows Key + R, type “appwiz.cpl” and then press Enter.
  • Locate the Microsoft Visual C++ programs in the list.
  • Select each entry and then click Uninstall.
  • Download a fresh copy of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime from here and then install it.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card and updates for windows
Outdated or corrupted drivers can cause crashes at start-up. We recommend that when trying this step that you completely remove your old drivers before updating to the latest versions. To remove your old drivers and then update to the latest:

1. Press the Windows Key
  2. Type Add or Remove Program
  3. Scroll down the list and find your graphics driver
  4. Click the driver once and select uninstall. Confirm this by clicking Uninstall again.
  5. Once complete reboot Windows
  6. Download the latest drivers from here:
  1. Install to the latest driver and then reboot your PC again

Use Game Mode
When you’re playing games on Windows 10, Game Mode makes gaming your PC’s top priority, so you get the best possible game performance. For more info, see Use Game Mode while gaming on your Windows 10 device.

Increase the Virtual Memory (Pagefile) on your system

• In the Windows Seach bar, type Advanced system settings and open the Control Panel .
  • Make sure you’re on the Advanced tab .
  • Click the Settings button from under the Performance
  • On the Performance Options box , go to the Advanced tab > Performance
  • Click on Settings
  • On the Virtual Memory box, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives
  • Click to select the drive on which Windows 10 is installed (by default C:)
  • Click to select the Custom size radio button.
  • In the now-enabled fields, type the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile in megabytes (MB) according to the physical memory present in your computer.
  • Click Set and then click OK .
  • Restart your computer.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Disconnect all other USB devices from the PC before launching the game.
Some USB devices could be mistakenly detected as a controller.

Perform a clean boot in Windows
Disable ALL background software or applications including, Antivirus, Firewalls, and any FPS boosting or monitoring software.
Alternatively, you can find the problematic service or application by performing a clean boot. You’ll find detailed instructions here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Check that your antivirus/anti-malware is not causing a conflict with the game
Sample of Virus & malware checkers that have been known to prevent games and apps from launching:

• Malwarebytes
  • Trend Micro Maximum Security
  • Comodo Antivirus
  • Sophos
  • Emisoft Anti-Malware
  • Avira
  • Avast

If your antivirus or anti-malware falsely flagged Microsoft Flight Simulator, remove the file from quarantine then whitelist Microsoft Flight Simulator. To do so follow the instructions from your manufacturer.

Check that a 3rd party software is not causing a conflict with the game.
Sample of 3rd party software that may prevent games and apps from running:

• Nahimic Audio
  • Logitech G Hub
  • MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server
  • EVGA Precision
  • OBS
  • Xsplit
  • Discord
  • MacType
  • Warsaw Banking App
  • Wallpaper Engine
  • A-Volute Sound studio
  • Malwarebytes
  • Sonic Audio

Please make sure you either disable or uninstall to ensure successful gameplay.

Turn off any extra Power monitoring software
Sample of power monitoring software that may cause issues at start-up:

• MSI DragonCenter
  • RyzenMaster
  • Gamefast from Dells Killer Control Center
  • Any software installed that may be adjusting or monitoring power settings

Then, make sure that your Power settings are correct

• Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options
  • Change to High Performance
  • Perform a Full Shutdown (not restart).

Run Flight Simulator with administrator rights

• Right-click the desktop icon of the application (or the executable file in the installation directory) and select Properties.

• Select the Compatibility tab.

• Click Change settings for all users.

• Under Privilege Level, check Run this program as administrator.

• Click Apply.

Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator again.

If the issue persists, please send us your DxDiag and Msinfo.

To create Dxdiag, simply follow these steps:

• In Windows, select Start and enter “dxdiag” into the search box on the taskbar. Select dxdiag from the results.

• In the tool, click on ‘Save All Information’ and wait a few seconds

• Save the file as a ‘Text File (*.txt)’ on your desktop

• Attach the file to your response.

To provide a Microsoft System Information MSINFO32, do the following steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the Run command window
  • Type msinfo32 in the dialogue box and click OK or press Enter.
  • This will open the System Information, click File and select Export
  • Name your file as “msinfo32.txt” and make sure it is saved as a text file (.txt).
  • Save the file to your Desktop.

Once these files we’ll be received by our team, we’ll investigate further.

Best regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team" I tried all of this and even the solutions all of you have been posting here. You have my thanks. At least you guys are trying to help. Since that anwsered they didn’t say anything more. my event log is this ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------> “Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x5f5b8327
Faulty module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x5f5b8327
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault deviation: 0x0000000000953dc3
Failed process ID: 0x1b64
Failed application start time: 0x01d68d41bec097e3
Faulting application path: C: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.8.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe \ FlightSimulator.exe
Faulty module path: C: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.8.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe \ FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: b9f32b12-eccd-439f-9694-cd101c40b743
Failed full package name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.8.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Failed package application ID: App” I send the all the information they ask me in the unique anwsered to me an since that never said nothing more. It seems they don’t care about us. I tried all of this and everything you guys have been posting here (and t hanks for that guys at least you are trying to help us) the issue it’s always the same. Any custom flight with any plane any location the loading bar goes until 95% and then a image show but freezed and if I press in any key crash to desktop.

2 Likes

The exception code “0xc0000005” is not directly related to FS2020. It’s merely a problem that came with Windows 10 version 2004. Other games crash with this exception code as well.

Currently, there is no information on when this issue will be solved by a hotfix.

There are windows processes going on in the background that seem to cause the crash. We’ll keep on it and post an update as soon as we know more.

2 Likes

Increase the virtual memory will fix it

You don’t know what are you said right? Don’t you think I never do that already dude. That’s was the first thing I ever done. In fact let me tell you this information for you. Virtual Memory should be controlled by Windows. Windows know how to manage is memory. And increase it you could cause issues in other games and instabilty in your system. And for this game for me did not help my issue remains. But thanks for trying to help me.

2 Likes

It was working for me after shutting explorer and vsync. i added liveries and LOWI from orbx and Penburton aerosoft freeware and ctd are back. I removeed them but ctd staying… Whats wrong now?

Sadly the issue is not confined to version 2004.
I have had to roll back to 1909 for other reasons, and CTDs definetly also occurs here
From eventviewer (Danish laguage):

Navn på program med fejl: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, tidsstempel: 0x5f5b8327
Navn på modul med fejl: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.27.29016.0, tidsstempel: 0x5ee8384d
Undtagelseskode: 0xc0000005
Forskydning med fejl 0x000000000000137b
Proces-id 0x453c
Programmets starttidspunkt 0x01d68ed484280f9f
Programsti: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.8.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Modulsti: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop_14.0.29016.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\VCRUNTIME140.dll
Rapport-id: 88c7babc-88b9-40c0-b790-838c89cf992d
Fuldt navn på program med fejl: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.8.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Relativt program-id for program med fejl: App

1 Like

Have you tried to uninstall your VS C++ 2015-2019 libraries and reinstall them? Your error is related to that. Those libraries don’t hold well during a Windows 10 Upgrade or Downgrade.

Also, if you have any stand alone VS C++ (for example VS C++ 2015 or VS C++ 2017 or VS C++ 2019) remove those stand alone ones as they are bundled into one VS C++ 2015-2019.

Yes libraries have been un- and reinstalled - but no luck :frowning:
No stand alones.

I had loads of issues with MSFS2020 over the last couple of days, even after using it perfectly since Monday!
I have found this…

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/what-a-week-and-then-came-along-patch-1-8-3-0/278737/8?u=spartan4152

Hope this helps

i seen similar before, and reinstal this

Nice one. I’m not bothering yet with re-installing them. Think I’ll wait a while as I’m flying happily at the moment :grin:

One thing I have noticed though with Patch 2 is that you cannot change the joystick sensitivity anymore, the dialog box is very blank. A lot of people have noticed this as well, and I’m hoping they release a patch soon for it.

2 Likes

Try this! Remove CTD by lowering GPU speed a bit!

There are no updates on patch 3 yet, but a free World Update is on its way:

1 Like

Don’t applies to me since my computer is not overclocked since the beginning.

This is Patch 3 …

Looks like the “World Update 1” and “Patch 3” are two different updates.

https://msfs-cdn.azureedge.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/DR-9.24.jpg

Anyhow, here’s more info on World Update I:

2 Likes

:arrow_right: PATCH VERSION 1.9.3 IS AVAILABLE NOW!

Simply check for updates in the Microsoft Store or Steam and download the patch.

­

Airports

Airports added:

• LEMG - Málaga Airport
  • LFLC - Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne
  • PAFR – Bryant Army Airfield Heliport

Airports improvements:

• 60 airports improvements based on community feedback
  • Control towers added on 700+ US airports

UI

• Sensitivity screen is now displayed correctly
  • The Manual cache management UI has been improved
  • ATC Options should now correctly be saved
  • Liveries selection menu should now work as expected
  • The music can now be deactivated before or during the initial download on startup

AERODYNAMICS

• The collision problems at negative altitudes have been fixed
  • Braking power on ground has been tweaked to reflect more realistic braking distances
  • Fuel consumption updating mass problem has fixed for some airplanes
  • A plane with no fuel leak system should no longer lead to a crash
  • Aircraft gyroscopic stability can now be set in our SDK toolset

PLANES

• Incorrect energy formulas resulting in inaccurate autopilot behavior have been fixed
  • Autopilot overshooting altitude capture during descent has been fixed
  • Allow to up to 8500fpm max climb speed after the new AP is now more accurately respecting 6000fpm

Visuals and animation

• Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: wing flex has been improved
  • Beechcraft King Air 350i: rudder pedals animation is now correct
  • Cessna 152 : fixed a graphic glitch when switching between cockpit and external views
  • Airbus A320neo : fixed issues related to copilot AP button lights

General aviation systems

• Cessna 172 Skyhawk: fixed impossible connection with ATC when BUS 1 is ON and bus 2 is off
  • Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX: fixed PFD and MFD button issues between pilot and copilot sides
  • Robin DR400/100 Cadet: can now request ground services to the ATC
  • Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G1000): fixed checklist camera issues during the “After starting engine” procedure
  • Cessna 152 and 152 Aerobat: fixed pilot heat not working
  • Cessna 152 and 152 Aerobat: fixed copilot not setting master switch ON during starting engine checklist procedure
  • Daher TBM 930: fixed fuel tank incorrect tooltip

General aviation avionics

• Garmin avionics : fixed issues with auto switch from NAV to LOC in approach
  • Garmin avionics : Fixed wrong country codes
  • G1000/3000 : Fixes on flightplan entering / duplicate waypoint page
  • G1000 : performance improvements when displaying nearest airport page
  • G3000 : it is now possible to active approach legs
  • Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G1000): fixed automatic change from GPS to VOR 1 when a flight plan or approach loaded
  • Cessna 172 Skyhawk: fixed crash when deleting direct-to flight plan
  • Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX: fixed default state of avionics Sby & avionic bus guarded switches when starting cold and dark
  • Cessna Citation CJ4: Upper menu and ENG buttons are no longer INOP

Airliners systems

• Airbus A320neo Fix APU Fuel Flow shutting down left engine
  • Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner/ Airbus A320neo Fixed lack of elevator authority with FBW at low speeds
  • Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: fixed APU fault light behavior
  • Airbus A320neo : fixed max thrust display
  • Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: altitude target can no longer be set to negative values
  • Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: fixed wrong approach VREF speeds

Airliners avionics

• Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner HUD colors and layout improvements
  • Airbus A320neo : fixed missing runway in the MCDU perf page
  • Airbus A320neo : improved disappearance of legs too early when following a flight plan
  • Airbus A320neo : STARs are filtered to display the ones connected to the selected runway in the MCDU
  • Airbus A320neo : “Invalid entry” has been replaced by “Not allowed” message in MCDU
  • Airbus A320neo : Flaps “F” indication replaced by “FULL” when flaps completely deployed

WEATHER

• The wind gradient when getting close to the ground on live weather has been fixed
  • Lightning have been added when applicable

MARKETPLACE

• Average rating has been fine-tuned for more accuracy
  • 3rd party filter is now sorted alphabetically
  • Improved notification system for content bought outside of the marketplace existing in the Community folder
  • Version history is now available when an item is patched

CONTENT MANAGER

• The community content is now clearly identified in the content manager
  • The content manager button in the Marketplace will redirect to the corresponding addon content
  • Version history is now available when an item is patched

INSTALLATION MANAGER

• The title’s audio is properly muted when the window is out of focus
  • Graphic settings UI during onboarding has been fixed
  • Apply and Save pop up now displays only once during the Graphic Settings in the Onboarding

LOCALIZATION

• Various typo fixes in multiple languages

CAMERAS

• Fixed visual glitch happening in camera cuts
  • Fixed wrong LOD selection when a camera cut happens
  • Camera reset function does not revert Cam speed/ momentum to default values anymore

INPUT

• CH Eclipse default preset has been added
  • TrackIR can now be enabled or disabled in the camera panel
  • Track IR is now disabled when on the pause menu
  • Improved support for Logitech Multi panel

BUSH TRIPS

• Back on track should no longer show the wrong airport

WORLD

• Ocean rendering has been improved (waves scale, foam and reflections)
  • Water mask has been edited to display actual aerial image near the shore in some areas
  • Luminance has been tweaked for some photogrammetry cities (Napoli, Darwin, San Gorgonio, Las Vegas)
  • Fixed terraforming issue which was causing issues in KTEX airport
  • Water elevation has been updated to improve rivers (Missouri river and around Toronto for example) and lakes (center of Canada)
  • Fixed detail map rendering around runway/taxiway borders

(Source: [RELEASE] World Update I: Japan (Patch Version 1.9.3) is now Available!)

1 Like

Not in my Country because I search for updates in windows store and nothing to be found.