Fixes & work arounds for SU5 in game UI, tool tips, missing mouse/cursor issues

Use mouse scroll wheel up/down :wink:

before

after

PRO TIP.
Move cursor to alt knob and use mouse scroll wheel.

2 Likes

Many thanks again for helping add to this post @TenPatrol :+1::muscle:

1 Like

anyone else having issues with the WACO and M20 VOR/COM no longer letting you interact with them? Also in the WACO about half the cockpit controls are impossible to touch unless you move the camera till its kind of in the middle. Radios however seem to be impossible to touch no matter what, I filed a bug on the carenado zendesk.

In the photos I send, in the last second, I use the scroll wheel of the mouse, but the altitude of 5000 feet don´t appear in my PFD as in the photo you send me. I had send also the settings I done.

Problem solved with 1.18.14.0.

1 Like

WOW!!!.. I like this room. good info. thank you ALL…

2 Likes

@TenPatrol

Thank you for your tips. Made my day!! All in all, I’m finding the SU5 much smoother. With my high end rig, I’m able to have almost all (shadows and glass refresh set lower) sliders on ultra, I’m still getting amazing FPS gain even at graphic intense scenery. For example, I have Sydney City (ORBX) and YSSY installed. My FPS under SU4 suffered a little (not too bad but obvious) both at YSSY and over Sydney. Now it’s butter all the way and the visuals are gorgeous.
Started using Legacy to stop the “lighting up” of controls and instrument knobs in cockpit and I’m glad you pointed it out. Yes, there are aircraft when I’ll need to use the Lock feature but that’s a very minor issue.

Until today, I hesitated to reinstall the FBW 320 but I always used Developer (I have close to 1500 hours in the FBW320!) mode anyway - the flyPad made my Thrustmaster Airbus throttle calibration a breeze. Now that I see the FBW is usable with Developer mode, I’m getting it installed tonight. I really loved my 7+ hour flights in that bird so much. I would have been pining if I had to forego flights in it for much longer. Now I can get back in it thanks to you.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to explain these new features. :+1::+1::blush::+1::+1:

1 Like

You’re welcome.
Fly safe capt!

1 Like

For reference,
The FBW A32NX does not currently fully support lock mode so you may be better off using dev mode for a little while at least.

I will be adjusting my main post on this and a few other points hopefully over the weekend.

1 Like

@Sharpex95

No problems. I always use the development mode anyway. My sim seems to be working well and Asobo just mentioned another hotfix this week to address many issues. They obviously read our posts! :blush:

Hi sorry perils of posting first thing in the morning!

What i meant to say was to use dev mode (as you are) but that it only supports the LEGACY controls interaction and you will have reduced functionality if you use LOCK mode (for now).

Sorry for confusion.

1 Like

@Sharpex95

Thanks for clarifying that.

UPDATE
Please note: The FBW A32NX is not yet compatible with LOCK mode and you must use LEGACY mode.

i absolutely appriciate your effort here, but to go through all these steps JUST USE A MOUSE as input like we could befor is absolutely ridiculous.
I figured those steps out earlier though my mouse pointer still floats to the upper left corner when ever i use the keys to adjust the seating position (arrow keys)

Sharpex95 thanks for your post…well done!

1 Like

Info :wink:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bug-logged-legacy-mode-when-interacting-with-cockpit-instruments-switches-got-nerfed/426668/126

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.