Flickering reflections on windshields in cockpit view

I’ve seen it on quite a few planes. Both 2D and in VR, render scaling 100% on 4k ultra.

Especially in VR it’s very annoying. It’s also visible in external view! (as in: you see the reflections flicker inside the cockpit)

2 Likes

Is that XBOX or PC out of interest?

PC. VR on Xbox is still kinda difficult :wink:

1 Like

Doh! Of course :man_facepalming:t3:

I think you may be the first person that’s reported this issue with 100% scaling, hence the question.

Generally setting 100% cured the issue. I hope this doesn’t mean something more fundamental is wrong.

Im on Xbox series X I see this problem prior su 9 so this is an Su 8 bug.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

When using Ultra at the window reflection, the reflected image or lights in the windows are flickering and are inconsistant.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Set the window reflection to Ultra and for example use the TBM930 at night and look at the reflection at the side windows.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

I9-9900K, RTX3090, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nvidia Driver 511.79

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same problem with A320 on Xbox Series X

Seems like the flickering/flashing also occurs on airport terminal glasses! I see significant flashing on the window when getting close to the terminal building. This is new for me and it’s after today’s updated beta!

Same problem on Xbox with reflections in the cockpit.

aaaaaaand I now have this problem after SU9.

I’m almost amazed at how they manage to break something with every SU.

I dont see a solution to this issue listed.

2 Likes

That is something we reported during SU9 Beta.

1 Like

Bug happens on XSX after SU9. Give us render scale option gorramit.

1 Like

This is unlikely to happen because the GPU of the Xbox Series X is probably not capable enough for native 4K, at least without reducing other graphical details. We have to hope for a quick fix.

Of course. But on a 1080p projector the added AA isn’t worth it. But that’s off topic.

Give us a proper 1080p option.

That would be a valid request for those with 1080p screens. But it will probably be considered only if you create a thread in the Wishlist section.

I don’t know why this post has been tagged with “work around” when the work around only works for PC users. Xbox users have no option to set the rendering scale and this was also noted during the beta. Moderators, I respectfully request you remove the tag as it’s NOT a universal work around.

2 Likes

Where the heck do X-Box users find something like Render Scale?
NOWHERE!!

I was told this is already escalated to the devs, good.
But a Hotfix is needed ASAP.
I see the danger that epilepsy can be triggered.

1 Like

I have same problem inside JU-52 on Xbox Series X with SU9.

The devs are looking into this issue - we would love to gather more monitor specs for those encountering this on Xbox. If you can drop those specs below it would be helpful - thanks!

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Have the same issue on xbox series x.
Didn’t t noticed this issue at SU8.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I am playing on a HD TV, Xbox series x

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: