Flight control surfaces way too sensitive

If I move the joystick, the airplane goes crazy. Of course, I can play around with the sensitivity of the axis but then the input isn’t linear to the yoke in game. This is totally unrealistic and not the goal of a FLIGHTSIMULATOR.
To get a normal feeling for the airplane I have to set the sensitivity to -80% then the first 20-30% of moving feels OK but at the end of the yoke travel its getting completely crazy.
Is there any option I overlooked or is it a known bug?
Asobo cant leave it like that it feels like the planes yoke is not connected to the surfaces of the airplane and the only way to solve this problem is to set the sensitivity such a low level, that the linearity is not given anymore. It looks and feels totally wired.

Btw. I use the HOTAS WARTHOG but this bug occurs with every device.

8 Likes

All sims require a bit of exponential to compensate for differences in how axis movement is sensed. I fly with -40 on both my elevators and ailerons…very smooth and controllable across the full range of motion.

You do have the elevators assigned to an axis and not a button press?

Eg Elevators should be assigned to Elevator Axis and not Elevator Up and Down

3 Likes

Trim is your friend. When the elevator is trimmed, and you’re using an exponential response curve, you’ll be in the near-horizontal flat section of the response curve. If you’re not trimmed, you’ll be in the hyper-sensitive near-vertical part of the exponential curve, which you generally don’t need, unless you’re doing aggressive aerobatic-style flying.

Hopefully, we’ll get better controller response programming in future updates. It would be great to see profiles that match particular aircraft with specific peripherals to more accurately mimic the real aircraft.

2 Likes

Yes the joystick is assigned to the axis not to the button.

I hope this is a bugg and they will fix it with the next update. In simracing its a essential to have a linear curve and the virtual wheel is doing exact the same thing like the real wheel. And btw. there are hundreds of different wheels out there and they get it right. In a flightsimualtor it has to be the same!

If you are comfortable with this its ok, but for me its a gamebraker.

It just feels like the controls are made for an XBOX Gamepad!

1 Like

This is not simracing! Aircraft, other than fighters do not respond like F1 cars.

I tend to agree with the OP and have made a zendesk report and encourage others who feel the same to do likewise. Cheers.

3 Likes

Please take a look at these two posts on AVSIM:

4 Likes

Why, my controls are setup and feel exactly the way I want them. I don’t use cheap peripherals tho.

What controller setup do you have?
With a Saitek Yoke it’s hilariously sensitive. Adjusting the curve in MSFS helps but we need a customizable bezier curve ala x-plane to really get this right.
Even my rudder pedals jerk the aircraft off of the runway with a slight input.

I did notice this varies from plane to plane. . I have to setup different sensitivies for each aircraft. It definitely needs to be addressed by the developers as a core item of the sim

Winwing Throttle and stick with MFG Crosswind pedals…

1 Like

DCS player? Great setup!

Man do you have any custom curves then? Because with the low end saitek yoke it is hilariously sensitive.

Definitely a sim problem - I didn’t have this issue in x-plane or P3D with my same setup.

2 Likes

DCS, MSFS and IL-2. All 3 sims require expo to some degree.

I predominately fly the F/A-18 in DCS

You don’t wanna understand me right. I just say that a linear movement of the yoke is essential for a simulator. Try it out with your setup. Pull the joystick and you will see that the ingame yoke do not operate like your in real life. But that is what I expect from a simulator.

2 Likes

I don’t look at the in-game yoke/stick when I’m flying…again this is not simracing!

1 Like

Not sure that being reminded that we are not racing cars and that yours works great is helping much. There are ongoing posts about the issue. And if there are Apps that can fix it, surely it can be fixed by Asobo. Cheers.

3 Likes

Each to their own I suppose. If you want your Cessna 152 to feel like a Mclaren F1 then go for it!

Why would you say that. I just want it to be more like XP which is known for its great flight modelling. Cheers.

1 Like

ahhhh…look at the OP???

Wow dude what is wrong with you? You just don’t want to understand us. It’s not about racing cars! I just say this to help you understand what my problem is with the control. It’s the fact that the sensitivity is way to high if you want a linear curve. At 1:1 the yoke ingame is doing what you do but the plane is going crazy.

Well I Hope Asobo fix it for you.

Cheers