Flight plan disappeared in bush trip if I quit and saved, then came back later

It will then go to Waypoint1 even if you are on leg7 at waypoint 20…
And sometimes the flightplan even completely disappears

I tried today the advice from #1 (repeat flight and continue) and it did not work. Actually I flow the next leg of the trip (11) and then just continued after completion with the next leg (12) and finished sucessfully. However, none of these legs got a FPL. And when I changed back and forth after completion of 12 (just as an example) I lost my flown time of both legs. No entry in the logbook (apart from " a flight from #12 to #12 with 00:00 flight time" - so both legs are recorded as finished in the bush trip, but no time is counted in the logbook.
This is slightly disappointing! Still no FPL (which was working before!) and I must still return after each leg back to the main menu to get the correct entry in the log book. (latest version 1.18.15.0 )

I have the same issue as well, some of my bush trips show less than 100% though I flew them all.

Experiencing the same issue.

This has been the case since the PC release a year ago. Bush trips have the functionality to resume at any time, but it’s broken. The only way to complete a bush trip without issue is to fly each leg from start to finish uninterrupted.

I have a different experience: I finished the France Bush trip successfully, but distributed over several days and with some repetitions (The mountain airports in France are very challenging for me). So I had to resume several times.
All legs counted as completed and so the complete bus htrip.
But the single legs are only then recorded in the fligth log, when I return to the main menu after each leg.

I’m having this issue too. Flight plan disappears completely when resuming after having completed a leg and then continued at a later time. Patagonia but I expect it happens on them all.

Guess I’ll just use direct-to for now :frowning:

Bush Trip feature is still a mess! If you crash mid flight, and try to continue that leg, you’ll spawn on the ground where you crashed. So basically you have to repeat the pervious leg.

Also I flew the whole Chile Bush Trip, on the menu it only say 92% complete. But every leg has been ticked and I got the achievement.

1 Like

I’m having this issue with the Norway trip now. I’d just finished the 11th leg and I hit continue to move on to the 12th and the flight loaded up with an empty nav log. I reset the sim, hoping this would fix the issue but to no avail. At the bushtrip preflight screen, leg 12 has a value of 0.00 listed in both the distance and ETE columns… I was searching for a text version of the nav log available somewhere online, hoping that if I follow it to the next airport, it may right itself. Other than that, I feel I may have to delete and then re-download the last world update.

I got caught with this bug too but found a work around mentioned somewhere.

After you land and stop from a successful leg you get the completed screen with a NEXT button. Press this then select the option to CONTINUE rather than exit back to the menus.

You should then find yourself ready to take off for the next leg with your flight plan still loaded. Then you can exit to the menus and do what you like. When you start off again to continue this bush trip leg you should be exactly where you left off, just ready to take off with the flight plan still loaded.

Although this appears to work OK for me I couldn’t find any way to recover a flight plan once it was lost other than deleting all the progress in the Missions folder and restarting the trip again.

Hope this helps.

G

2 Likes

I have the same issue as well, some of my bush trips show less than 100% though I flew them all. only 92%&93% But every leg has been ticked and I got the achievement.

me too…I flew the whole Chile Bush Trip, on the menu it only say 92% complete.

One work around thas works for me, when the flight plan is losted, is overwrite the .FLT file located in the MISSIONS folder under te name finished in _SAVE with the last saved .FLT, located in the last leg folder ie. _00XX.
Once this file is overwrited, edit (is a text file) with notepad and delete from each entry this number of leg (normaly appears 4 times) and leave each name without this leg number ending in _SAVE.
The next time that you run the bush trip, the flight plan should be there, but sometimes with other leg as active. Then, previously to takeoff, change the active leg.

After patch yesterday still the same probs. In all BT 's → no flight plan an bugs while routeplaning. I can’t activate approaches. The load- and the activate button is missing. Thats totally frustrating :frowning:

Hi fellow aviators,

my whole Bush Trip went missing. I tried the new Germany Trip from North to south, flew one leg, it says trip is 100% completed. I can’t access the legs anymore in the selection.
Is there a fix to modify a file where all achievments are stored in order to delete this “achievment”?

Thank you!

Works for me, thank you for the hint !

I’ve found a workaround that seems to work (tried a couple of times for the moment). It involves some files management.

When the flight is complete and you see the successful message on the screen, before click to the NEXT button, open file explorer and navigate to %APPDATA%\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES\Asobo-BUSHTRIP-XXXXXX_SAVE (where XXXXXX is the activity name) and copy the file Asobo-BUSHTRIP-XXXXXX_SAVE.FLT somewhere.

Then go back to the flight simulator click NEXT and exit (or flight something else).

When you want to continue the activity, before start the simulator, take the copied file and copy back to Asobo-BUSHTRIP-XXXXXX_SAVE.FLT. Then start the simulator and load the activity.

You flight plan should be there.

Same issue for me after SU8

Yes this Issue is still present.

Pleas Asobo show some love to the Bustrips Bugs… it’s really sad…

Just a word of warning! Save the files in a completely different folder! For a while I had a backups folder under activities and was just copying to there. Gradually all my trips got messed up and it took me a while to realise that the Asobo code scans the entire folder and sub folders for the Asobo-xxxxx,FLT files. It was finding multiple copies of course :grimacing: