Flight simulator does not start

I’ve already read and tried a lot here, but now I’m totally confused. I have already reinstalled Windows, I have reinstalled the flight simulator several times (from Microsoft Store), but nothing has helped so far. The game loads only 55% -60% then goes back to the desktop without any error message. Somehow everything is weird …

My equipment:
Windows 10 Home - Version 21H1
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
Memory : 32GB RAM
Graphics: NVidia GeForce GT730 - 4GB

Same thing just happened to me about 80% into the loading cycle…

Specs in profile.

I have a friend with the same issue we’ve been trying to fix for days, what does it say in the crash log?

Where can I find that ?

have this since today, didnt change anything how great

A partial fix is empty the community folder. Then go to program manager and delete every ad on in tgere. You can reload them thry aren’t gone. Then fly but skme buttons and dials may not work. Remember this issue is caused by them not your equipment.

The autostart and the Community are empty.

can someone try to look into windows event manager-> windows log → system if there are display warnings for the nvidia driver? i have an entry for for every crash

edit: works again! updated nvidia driver and im in the main menu again. i dont have any answer why suddenly a driver doesnt work anymore, i used this version since 1-2 months without any issues

1 Like

All drivers are up to date.

do a reinstall of driver. look it says d3d11.dll. thats dx11, i had the same 30min ago. it just worked again after updating

This is a directX issue I believe, maybe try reinstall dx.

yes… can be helpfull.

On other side:

might these game a bit to much for that GPU :wink:

( a GT card is just far away from a GTX )

1 Like

I have the same with a previous computer and now with a 5900x ryzen and 3080ti it’s the same … this game is a joke.

we seen your unspecific reports with no additionals informations already in different topics. May be you can choose one topic and describe your issue exactly, give addtional informations, and may be you get usefully hints then.

Same with me at about the same point in the initial program load. The behavior just started after the latest patch release.

and you own also a nvidia GT730 ?

1 Like

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 discrete in my Surface Book 2. Here is my Event log:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001cd5745
Faulting process id: 0x22ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7906a14d00f0a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 0a1f3764-a0ad-47d7-8145-3df4301d4208
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Also, no Community content or paid content.

yep… thought so…

Then it’s better to join into the big existing topics related to 1.18.xxxx .

As example:

There are may be others too…

PS. the user you answered know these topics too and reported its own issues also within these. Important for the forum are the Votes. And we should not split the Votes to different topics.
The issue from OP seems possible more related to its GPU and as you can see, he reported an specific error where the dx…dll is mentioned.

Thank you for pointing me to the other thread. Thank you also for explaining the Votes.

1 Like