Flightsimulator.exe wont close

After the SU11 the simulator wont close when i shut down to desktop. Never had this issue with any other version of the simulator. Started directly after the update SU11, first start.

I always have to close the process through Task Manager. If i dont it will continue to run indefinite.

Is there something i can do to correct this problem? Anyone else experience this with SU11?

Appreciate help from tech-savvy PC users … :grin::grin:

7 Likes

Moved to Community Support -Miscellaneous

1 Like

Sometimes caused by externally connected programs running when the sim does - Little Nav Map, Navigraph Charts, FSUIPC, etc. Shut those down first then the sim.

3 Likes

I have the same thing going on. I have nothing in my Community folder and don’t have any “supporting” programs running.
I submitted a bug report today.

4 Likes

have the same, just not every time

1 Like

Same here, but not every time.

1 Like

Same here as above, but not every time

1 Like

Same here. Not every time (Steam).

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

I’m getting this too, though not every time. Probably 70%-80% of the time it won’t shut down.

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

Yes, same here, Steam version

2 Likes

I was starting to suspect Openxr Toolkit yesterday. Seems to be VR related for me. More testing required.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s Openxr Toolkit because I have not installed it. I’m wondering if it’s because I was in the beta. It’s getting worse…today it hangs up when I started a flight.

3 Likes

I don’t have VR, openxr etc. So it can’t be those causing it.

2 Likes

yep same here steam version no VR all since Su11
only thing ive had open as well flightsim related was track ir

1 Like

Great, i´m not alone with this issue. I will file a bug-report to MSFS.

I have a few 3rd party add-ons, but i have removed them and not using them and the simulator keeps hanging on shutdown. For me it´s every single time i want to close the simulator. Never had this before.

1 Like

Hello everyone
We can try one thing…
on this route
C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
It will be xml with exe name we remove it and put it in a safe folder there will also be content.xml (no longer necessary) we do the same in a safe folder in case we want to recover it.
On this route.
C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\FlightSimulator
We delete what is inside. (It will be generated only when starting the simu)
We do the same in this route.
C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes
We delete the inside. (It will be generated only when starting the simulator clean and in order)
I hope it works since the .exe xml contains the programs that are going to be executed when starting MSFS and that we no longer use and have removed.
That is why MSFS does not close, it is looking for that program to close it first and it cannot find it…
I hope I can help…

Sorry if you don’t understand it’s the translation

1 Like

Thanks for helping @ToniGsxr600

I tried what you wrote. But the simulator still don’t close when shutting it down.

1 Like

Same here, have to use CTRL+ Alt +Delete and force it to close

1 Like