Floating lights

Something we will have to live with for now. Adding light poles for each light source would probably tank performance.

Maybe the trees rendering distance mod ? i will try disabling that this eveningā€¦as far as addonsā€¦that was just the Orbx LOWI nothing else really

it also seems your lights are not rendering that far though

floating lights around Hong Kong too

It has been corrected for a while, but now itā€™s back but less compare to what it was at the very beginning.

after discussing about this with other users, it seems some people have it and some donā€™t.
it looks like steam users are less impacted than store users.
@ Cygnifick do you have steam version?

1 Like

I have both versions, but they are identical in settings.

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
no
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
no
Brief description of the issue:
floating lights
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
go to VHHH and have a look around
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
1.16.2.0, maybe also 1.15.10.0 (but my community folder was not empty)
Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
store
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
yes

I just checked again to be sure and moved the camera further where I noticed floating lights (a whole bunch) But not in the spot shown by Badboysblues66. :thinking: Itā€™s kind of a weird bug it seems.

Terrain LOD is at 125%.

The problem seems to be with distance rendering, because when you get closer (90%) of the floating lights disappearā€¦

Im on steam and have the same issue. As the builds are the same i really dont think it is different on steam vs MS Store, it would make no sense at all.

They are as bad or worse than ever around my local airport KTVY. I donā€™t know what has changed, but an entire town just to the south of the field is now full of them, and with the additional floating highway lights it makes the takeoff unrecognizable at night. This has been going on for months and I cannot believe we have to wait for at least two more Sim Updates for any kind of fix.

1 Like

taipei with orbx landmarks is also full of floating lights if you start from RCSS

well said.

Yes I notice they disappear, but not all groups disapear. Some groups stay on, you can approach them.

These never go away. Most of them in my experience no longer go away. Sometimes the ones on highways will, but the new ones are in the middle of cities hundreds of feet up and they remain in place. This is visible virtually everywhere I fly now.

unacceptable.
did you report to zendesk also?

Yeah. Fingers crossed, but my hopes arenā€™t high anything will get done before the broader light overhaul mentioned on the roadmap.

I reinstall everything from scratch hoping I will end like some of you not seeing floating lights butā€¦No.
still there.

1 Like

UFO perhaps :rofl:

Theyā€™re supposed to be street lights, but the poles are missing. Iā€™ve seen this in several other places.

1 Like

Not unless Street lights in your area have 200m poles!

1 Like

Yeah, that might be a different issue.