Floating lights

Let’s post another one… see below

Didn’t report these aliens at NASA yet… Eindhoven, The Netherlands, these are solid, don’t change on approach, just spheric lights hanging at about 150Ft above the scenery…

Normal street lights seem to levitate as well…

1 Like

Hello,
the second one is normal, they don’t draw the poles, which seems reasonable to me.
the first picture is abnormal, we can see this all over the world and it is terrible.
some area they fix before become bad again after some updates. It seems to be double lights, the one at 150ft above is the replica of one on the ground.
They have to fix this problem.

This is rather annoying indeed, especially since they seem to come back every now and then. Sometimes they even appear in places that weren’t affected before, e.g. one of the recent updates introduced floating lights at LFSB.

Just wanted to add some other instances of this problem for the record.

I run into the same issue on a regular basis in the Salt Lake valley. You can clearly see strings of lights that are hovering in the air, some that go even above the mountain tops in the distance. From where I’m at in the valley, I should see only a few rows of street lights and some neighborhoods in the distant foothills.

1 Like

managed to keep them in the game with SU5 (at LOWI)

2 Likes

Yes, this update did nothing to remedy the problem and honestly I think the night lighting regressed back to pre-SU4 status. There is no longer any variation in the street light brightness or color. We’re back to flying over Tron cities again.

2 Likes

Glad someone else has noticed these in the Salt Lake area. I see them mainly to the north and east of KBTF. I can’t remember when it started happening. It was fine at launch and for a few months after. Maybe after the USA world update or the patch after that?

1 Like

That could be. And yeah, I’ve seen them up Logan Canyon and in other places too. A real jarring moment out of the immersion.

1 Like

i think we have same problem, that was with negative elevation, or similar, when aircraft crashes or could landing at sea level even if sea level was air, devs fix it i think by change logic, and now ground level can be lower than sea level, if they do same with night lights, would be good, i mean if night light willn’t have they own mesh, but will depend only of ground where they are

hello guys,
do you still have floating lights in your locations?
I have check Hong Kong and it is solved there.

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store
Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
nothing inside the community-Folder
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
no
Brief description of the issue:
Flying while night, sunrise,… on the gorund are several white floating and moving lights. See screenshot red circle
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Intel 9900K
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
not yet

1 Like

Check at night. For me, nearly all lights where missing

On Xbox, night scenery is completely broken after World Update VI. The lights don’t appear, yet when you turn the camera up/down they appear on a completwly disconnected, floating layer.

In my game lights are floating above the ground. Doesn’t matter if I spawn in Poland, Switzerland or USA. It makes night flying almost imposible as ground is completly dark and lights are loading in air.

1 Like

There is a night lighting bug – Asobo is already aware.

2 Likes

Yeah same issue. Melbourne Australia and all other cities with street lamps that I go to have floating lamps. Also seems to be a projector effect on the horizon of my aircraft? Anyone got any fix ideas?

For the night lighting bug, that occured after WU6 and with a render scale set other than 100%, I would suggest to vote here instead: [BUG LOGGED] WU6 and night lighting broken

1 Like

Same here. I have floating lights all over the world where night occurs. Is there any resolution to this? The main part of the fun is flying at night

There will be a hotfix in the coming week:

it’s double trouble, if rendering scale set >100 but even with 100 some place had this problem from first version, madeira as example, and in that case is only about another glitch, not depended of render scale at all