Floating Runway lights - PC & Xbox

Where is this? It would help if you would be specific.

this location is Dubai International Airport

I’ve had this happen on several occasions

1 Like

The airport near Friday Harbor in the U.S. also looks like this

1 Like

Want to add to the choir here, to get more attention. I know that there is more than one thread about this though. I did experience this very recently with landing in KFLL a couple days ago. However, interestingly enough, as I got closer to the runway, the lights suddenly snapped to the ground, but the PAPIs were still completely off (4 red 0 whites, even while on G/S)

Today, landed at Vagar EKVG, approach lights was visible, but all another lights was disappeared. Not the first time, it happened in EVRA few weeks ago and in other airports as well, at least i haven’t been tried to delete cash and delete and reinstall only necessary content to my community folder - It may help…Does anyone have an advice?

1 Like

Still occurring for me tonight on XBox S at KHWD

1 Like

i still have this happendes to me on multiple occation. Can we someone have this logged as bug?Already created zendesk tickets

1 Like

Aeronewsgermany had a livestream today flying to snowy Sweden in the evening.
This was a perfect opportunity for me to have a look if I’m the only one who can’t use the sim atm due to thicc snow coverage that makes RWYs and TWYs invisible and to have a look if others have floating and disappearing RWY and TWY lighting too.

And what can I say…?

Awful! Just awful!
Maybe some internal priorities at Asobo should be shifted: Away from Reno Air Races, on to fixing extremely significant issue that make the sim not just look bad but make it unusable.

Does MS want Youtubers (and with them a lot of fans of them) quitting on MSFS and going back to P3D and XPlane? Does seem so.

2 Likes

Today I’ve tried to empty the community folder and perform a night flight from LOWS Salzburg to LIEE Cagliari without any addons (the WT CJ4 addon is an absolute must have!) and runway edge lights and taxiway edge lights were fine, they were stuck to the ground and not floating. There were no RWY centerline and no TWY centerline lights while there should have been RWY centerline lights according to AIP Italia Charts. TWYs in LIEE only have blue edge lights, which was depicted correctly in the sim.

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
Wondering why KMSP 30L Runway lights are in the air…
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Cat 3 ILS Approach to 30L KMSP in FBW A320N
PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Different aircraft (930), but plain vanilla sim with no add-on’s. I’m not seeing the issue. Hope it gets resolved.
Regards

1 Like

Next, I’ll try to add just one addon between two flights and I’ll report back as soon as this issue comes up again.

1 Like

Flew EDDL-EPGD today with just the WT CJ4 in my community folder, alongside with AIG AI models and just a freeware scenery from flightsim.to for Gdansk. In EPGD, I had floating TWY lights and no RWY lights:

Then I tried resetting daytime to daylight, then back to live (night) and TWY lights were on the ground as they are supposed to:

On EPGDs RWY, still no lights:

Did a quick turnaround for a short hop from EPGD-EPBY (EPBY default scenery) and in EPBY I had RWY edge lights in EPBY:

Still going on even after these recent 1/31/22 World Update, uh, updates.

Flew into KALX and KSFO and in both cases the runway lights were floating in the sky well above the runway surface.

1 Like

Anyone still having this issue with the SU8 beta?’

This must be adressed in this SU!

Hello
even in my xbox s, even if random, sometimes all the runways without lights apart from the approach lights and the taxi ways, especially in Europe, in the short final the lights in the middle of the runway disappear, everything occurs while flying with an active flight plan, it does not happen on third-party scenarios
reported multiple times to Zendesk
Hello and thanks
fm Verona, Italy

I’ve noticed the runway lights are sometimes floating which makes it very difficult to land. I’m on Xbox Series S.

1 Like

At least on my side, it seems this issue is gone.

I’ve done like 10-20 flights over the last couple weeks and I have not had this issue a single time. Strange thing is, I didn’t do anything. I have not uninstalled an airport, aircraft or altered anything else in the community folder.

Issue last seen in my sim somewhere around end of February, early March I guess.

Not complaining, but enjoying the sim :slight_smile:
Did two IFR flights per day on average over the last two weeks.
Seems like I can finally uninstall P3D :slight_smile:

Had the floating runway lights at every airport i landed on today - ZWWW / UIUU /UELL / UEEE. Not an area i fly often so for me it is a new phenomenon…never had it somewhere else

1 Like