Fly Under / Through Structures

And the road shouldnt been green or non-existance. And there should be light poles and radio towers, and what the hell happened to the boats, and after playing xplane rail roads with trains that move along them and windows that will pop out with the controls for that window attached to it. And the list goes on and on and on. But hey for the most part its an okay beta…ROFL!!!

Please @BubbaBlitz7348 , keep on topic… go post your general complaints and remarks about xplane boats and trains somewhere else. We’re trying to find flyable bridges in MSFS here… :cat:

1 Like

Great thread!! Let it fly and fly and fly!

Word goes, SU-5 solved the issues with bridges… Anyway, found below one flyable atm :slight_smile: it’s a Sweden POI that I tried before… I’m almost certain this did not work a few months ago… Höga Kusten Bridge…

Just flew past George Washington Br. Martha is still sitting on a wall. :grin:

1 Like

Thx for testing… there’s still reason for this topic ! And the Swedish POI shown above is certainly flyable !

It’s not only depending on the bridge itself. But also on others parameters.
i.e. The Hoover Dam bridge is like Tower Bridge, you have to fly on sides and it goes.
But it’s not so simple (like everything in MSFS) !
At Tower Bridge, it’s also depending on plane you use. OK with the Stearman or GotGravel’s Savage mods, but have a try with the Icon and let me know the result.
(I didn’t try other planes than GG’s ones at Hoover Dam)
We’ll soon need a database to know the bridges/side or middle/plane/UTC time/weather/and I don’t know what else params before flying under bridges.

One other great example is Le Pont du Gard.
I’ve done it with GG’s Savages variants and C172 Classic Taildragger, so to be sure use one of these planes and fly through the bridge arches.
But you have to choose the good ones…

I think speed is also a factor and sometimes I feel a bump if it’s borderline

Sure for the bump, but I have done somes like Hoover bridge or Tower Bridge fast or slow with success. The only difference I saw is when you bump. Better chance to survive with speed. But when it won’t pass, it won’t, whatever the speed you fly.

Tower bridge every time in a Solo or Pitt unless of course you meant the bottom section then it is a wall.

That remembers me this old joke where Superman was flying over the city.
With his super vision, he see Wonderwoman on a roof, completely n…e, having a sun bath. He makes his super dive with his super d… extended for airbrake,
and he f… the Invisible Man !

1 Like

Bridge east of Niagara Falls, if you fly under it in a plane with wheels you die…but if you fly under it in a float plane you just get a bump splash and survive…go figure.

Yesterday it was possible to fly under some Bridges in manhattan NY, as well under Bridgestone in france following the Rhone down South of Lyon

More and more i understand Jorg Neumann his smile and enthousiasm, despite the problems
But the results are getting better and better. Keep it up devteams.

Structure: Clifton Suspension Bridge
Type: Bridge
Airport: EGGD or EGTG
POI?: Yes

I had to try this one because an ancestor flew a biplane under it after WWI, and got in a lot of trouble for doing so. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Found a nice one, bridge itself is easy, but getting there safely at this altitude… :yum:

TBM 930 - fly under Camp Nine bridge, Yosemite park

I suppose everybody have now seen this video of Dario Costa flying through a tunnel:

I’d really like to do a such challenging flight !
Is somebody knowing a flyable tunnel in MSFS ?
Or is a developer kind enough to create us one, at a real or fictional location ?

1 Like

:yum: funny idea… I’ll look out for it… maybe a very short tunnel ? Arche de Triomphe / Paris allows it… maybe we’ll have some nice handcrafted tunnel pass next week, with WU-6 in Switserland, or Austria ?

Not too short or it’s not a tunnel, it’s an arch !
They are plenty of tunnels in Europe that can be used, but avoiding the St Gothard would be better. :smiley:
The turkish one in the vid would be OK.

I don’t know if it’s still true, but some years ago on a highway in CHwitzerland, cars were stopped by police and a couple of Mirage III of Swiss Air Force came out from a tunnel where they had park zones for their planes, and they made a take off from the highway. It was about 30 years ago and I still be impressed when I remember.

It was Christmas today and Santa came sooner !
Greatest thanks to Photosbykev who realized my wish.
Was I successful ? Stay tuned…
One pic while YouTube finished to process the video.

Here is the vid.

I did it at the 6th attempt.
160 seconds of cold sweat and total concentration !
Your turn now…

1 Like