Flybywire A32nx - starting to be frustrated

So, I recently started using the A32nx, which seems to be a fantastic improvement on the Asobo A320neo. So far I flew the A320neo mostly exclusively as I really enjoy airliners. I think I have a very good understanding of the Asobo A320neo and can do all kinds of IFR flights including ILS approaches without any problem. But by watching a lot of youtube tutorials, I really got interested in the added realism and look and feel of the A320nx. I have to agree that that thing looks better, flies better, handling feels great during manual landings and overall seems to be the better experience. But I kinda start getting a little frustrated with it. I really enjoy using the the ingame ATC. I know a lot of people donā€™t like it but I kinda enjoy the interaction with it and it seems to work alright with the Asobo 320 when I make routes in the ingame world map.

But I just canā€™t get the same experience with the A320nx. I can plan routes simbrief and import them throught the flypad, which works fine, but I do not have a ATC and that feels a little weird. I can get very realistic routes and route setups and all that is great. But it feels not really realistic if I fly my routes and have zero conversations with a ATC.

I tried to download that flight plan from Simbrief and import/load it into the world map. What seems to work kinda, but I cannot start from a gate. when ever I change to start from a gate, either by choosing one from the map or from the dropdown menu, the flight plan gets changed by flightsimulator. But even if I start from the runway the flightplan is messed up in the MCDU and needs a lot of fixing.

I havenā€™t figured out a way for the A32nx to load the route from the world map.

I am actually ok skipping world map and to plan all my routes with simbrief as long as I can still have a ATC in the game. Is there a way to use simbrief routes with an ATC??? I looks like that seemed to be possible in the past, because in a lot of older youtube tutorial this is still working.

I a little frustratedā€¦kinda want the better more realistic plane, but not with all the non ATC downsides.

SimBrief flightplans change when selecting cold & dark start at a gate - #7 by IForkboy2I will help.

Note that this isnā€™t always necessary, in my experience it happens on maybe one in ten flights.

what you mean that happens in one of ten flights? that it changes the route after selecting a gate?

Yes, exactly.

Donā€™t use the ingame ATC. If you like to use ATC, get VATSIM or IVAO.
And furthermore, if you get rid of the ingame ATC youā€˜ll never use the Worldmap except choosing a gate position for your flight.

Then all your problems disappear. And you know what, itā€™s not only working for the FBW but for alle aircraft.

2 Likes

VATSIM and IVAO are using AI ATC? Which one is better?

Ok, Vatsim or VIVAO. But what if I prefer to use the ingame ATC. Is there an actual way to use the A320NX with the ingame route planning and ATC at all? What are possible work arounds. What I really want to do is using the flight simulator the same way as I do right now with the Asobo a320, just with the better A320NX model with improved cockpit and flight handling. you know, where more buttons and displays work, the plane handles a bit better etc. I donā€™t need the added complexity of the Vatsim simulations.

1 Like

No VATSIM or IVAO are real people which are your controllers.

And this works good? not weird like in other open world games where a majority of people donā€™t play seriously?

Yes. Load the flight plan in MSFS, and if necessary, manually edit it to select a gate like in the link I supplied in my first post.

1 Like

Guess there might be a workaround to use it. Well, I just heart about it. Maybe someone know the way, if not take a look in the FBW Discord Chanel.

Thank you guys. I think I have enough info to work with right now. Letā€™s see if I can get it to work. Eventually I might give VATSIM also a try.

While my recommendation would be to skip MFS stock ATC as well, and heartily recommend Vatsim, if you want to go the AI ATC route, you could always try Pilot2ATC. Iā€™ve read pretty positive things about it.

2 Likes

If I use a network like vatsim, do I have to communicate via microphone with the ATC?

I think you can do text-based chat as well on VATSIM.

Does anyone now about a recent tutorial about trying to make world map work with the A32nx? Anything recent. I found some youtube videos about it, but the older and the fixes donā€™t work anymore.

What do you mean, ā€œmake world map workā€? Iā€™m aware of one problem with the world map, which is that changing gates may mess up the route, for which I have posted a workaround in the very first reply in this thread.

1 Like

ok, thanks!

You can use the In-Game ATC and Simbrief with the Fenix A320

You can use the In-Game ATC and Simbrief with every aircraft you want.