FlyByWire community mod A320

Yes please!

Please support these folks Microsoft

3 Likes

Yes, please support this excellent project.

2 Likes

Agree this project should be no. 1 for support. The reason why X Plane and FS9 were so successful was because of the community, not just the publishers. So many of our favorite 3PDs in FSX and P3D now, started off just providing freeware in FS2002/FS2004 or earlier. So please support these guys!

I agree, but I think the scenery gateway system should be a priority over this in the wishlist. Wish it got this much popularity… I care about getting a study level A320, but right now the entire world is unrealistic with fake taxiway names.

1 Like

100% agreed. Without community and projects like this FS is nothing.

The freeware stuff makes the value of payware stuff. Aerosoft will simply need to make it stand out more than the mod!

2 Likes

I feel this is a disastrous attitude. For years we’ve had to accept the monopoly created by some TP Companies, and the prices for their products. If a community is able to do something that comes close, and even beats PMDG quality, for free, then PMDG, and any other company may get off their pedestals of delusion that somehow, their products are worth it.

The fact both FSLabs, and Aerosoft have a 320 in other sims, and both have a market, simply means there are reasons why people decide to go for one another such as documentation, the community around it, and behavior, why is it seen as inconceivable to have a free one as well?

We are at a turning point in flight siming experience. If we just allow devs to do whatever they want, we will have a new gen sim based on old ideas, and stay in the exact same place we are currently in. That’s why quality freeware mods are so important. The only way this sim will mature will be through people who are genuinely interested in bringing in something valuable to the sim, not people who only care about profiteering.

4 Likes

This mod sums up the very best that the flight simming community has to offer. Made with passion for passionate people.

It would be a huge let down to see this get ignored, or at least not given a well-deserved nod from the official devs.

8 Likes

The issue here is that much of the documentation is missing from the SDK docs and many systems in FS are still locked down tight, like autopilot.

FlyByWire is a third party, and it being closed source payware won’t change that. As far as I understand, no one can modify certain systems (including autopilot logic) to make fully study level aircraft.

Here’s a post someone from the A32NX project wrote.

I disagree with some of it, but they’re not wrong. The current state of SDK development, at least for aircraft, isn’t great.

1 Like

words say a lot but i think pictures and videos also say a lot to this is some of the pprgress that you are leting down asbo

15 Likes

Whoa, that’s cool. What video is the “progress by FlyByWire” from?

This mod can make MSFS so much better for no cost! I’d be bending backward to make this happen if I were Microsoft.

1 Like

I would love to see this project continue and I hope that the guys at FBW will get the support that they deserve. The A320 visual model created by Asobo is superb and it would be a pity to see it pushed to the back burner by simmers because of lack of system depth and bugs.
This aircraft has great potential.

1 Like

This is where we’ll see if the community is more important or if the big studios are gonna lobby MS/Asobo against the community

1 Like

If they choose to muzzle community development then the migration back to X-Plane will be very quick. Asobo needs to be very careful especially after the sorry state of this patch. They are losing community goodwill very quickly.

4 Likes

IF Asobo’s hands are tied due to an agreement with Airbus to get the A320Neo… don’t blame Asobo if they cannot release more on the A320.

1 Like

Look how successful zibo has been for xplane. I think this could have the same potential for fs2020. The community is speaking, let them be heard.

5 Likes

Please Asobo, atleast communicate with those great devs :slight_smile: There are so many A320 Pilots and Software Engineers spending huge amounts of time on this project so please, for the best of FS2020, support them :smiley:

3 Likes

They deserve your recoqnition and bit of support, they currently provide best plane for your simulator.

3 Likes