FlyByWire: how to change cockpit-camera instrument-view sort?

By default, FBW has 10 predefined cockpit-instrument-cam-views, sorted in a user-friendly way. We *cycle instruments (next/previous) in that predefined order.
*On (PC) keyboard, select any instrument view and then cycle: “a” = next / “shift+A” = previous.

By default:

• FBW A320 has 10 cockpit instrument camera-views sorted as shown on the picture atached.
  • Fenix A320 has 16(!) cockpit instrument camera-views mixed with passenger seats. (No picture - its pointless.)

FBW < cycle > order:

My question.

• How do I remove some of them or can I create custom view cycle?
  • I know how to create custom views but they are never included or removed from the default cycle.
  • Maybe I am missing something very obvious.

Why all this?

I rarely use keyboard.
I use T.Flight HOTAS X flight stick with mouse and everything is fine.
I cycle instruments views (next/previous) smoothly using dedicated “thumb HAT switch”, found on the top of T.Flight HOTAS X flight stick.

FBW uses 10 predefined instrument cams-views that are positioned in almost perfect position and order, although number 4 and 9 can be removed, but that is my personal opinion.

Week ago I bought Fenix A320.
I appreciate new things and I do like to learn new ways of doing things, but their choice for choosing, positioning ans sorting (16!) cockpit views is plain wrong. Now I must use the keyboard to change instrument view or headache is guaranteed.

Can I change this?

Thank You!

my suggestion and its what I do - is use the custom views - though I don’t know how you would scroll thru them…I use a Stream Deck and just click on the view I want.

The custom view works in all planes and I use the same key for the same spot - eg Custom view 1 is always the planes EFB position…if it has no EFB - I use it for a fun view - like a window seat. Custom view two could be overheard.
You have to set the views for each plane - but I find it so quick.
Also maybe change the keybinding to make it easier to navigate the view.

Somone else wrote I guide - that might help, otherwise good luck

Guide – How to configure Cockpit Views / Cameras using Custom Camera controller assignments - Community Support / Pilot Guides - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

Thank You for your reply.

I can create custom views, but they are not scroll-able.
I can recreate the same FBW custom camera views - without No 4 and 9. I want to use only 8 and I want them scroll-able.

How do I do that?

Thank You.

1 Like

I don’t know enough yet, but perhaps it’s possible to dive into the official packages folders and manipulate the instrument camera definitions.

1 Like

I found half-solution for my problem, here.

Apparently it is possible to create a custom scrolling sequence although what ever I tried did not work. Linked camera.cfg above, works.

Gonna have to try harder and fix this.