Flybywire Progress - Custom Flight Plan Manager Preview!

flybywire are working hard as ever and we will able to enjoy the upcoming work-in-progress Custom Flight Plan Manager and it’s rather stunning LNAV!

In this short video I’ll discuss where the progress is at so far, what to look forward to AND demonstrate what it can currently do!

Be sure to click Like & Subscribe, and if you’re excited… let me know in the comments!
Remember - it’s not yet available but coming soon, and a work in progress

10 Likes

This is great news. In my opinion one of the biggest flaws in MSFS although the bug voting doesn’t list it in number 1 place.

Thanks for posting the video.

Are the strange USR waypoints gone as well I suppose, which created such funny departures like this (EDDF/25C MARUN1D I believe it was ):

Also at ca 7:12 you approach the waypoint with the 4000ft constraint. Does that work too or did you set the 4000ft in the FCU?

Really great news and thanks again.

1 Like

USR waypoints haven’t appeared in any of the routes I’ve done with it so far (3 attempts so far - another tomorrow on a live stream to Mykonos). I had 4000 set for the altitude constraints.

Direct Tos work very nicely too now with this large set of features built into this coming soon!

Glad you enjoyed the video :slight_smile: be sure to check us out live tomorrow to see it in action properly!

3 Likes

… and no “turn around bug” or flying from the IF directly to the FAF without following the STAR routing either ?

Oh boy I am so much looking forward to this FBW release.

1 Like

Nope none of that, actually their flight plan is solid because is based on WT flight plan :wink:

1 Like

Christmas in August. Great.

Hopefully you caught the live stream today - we had direct to’s, amendments to the arrival and even deleted a waypoint inside the STAR… Worked very well!

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up and demo. Subscribed!

2 Likes

Is the flow still create in simbrief, aoc menu then import via init ? I know the a320 fslabs workflow well and would appreciate a quick few lines on setting up the FC from an empty state. thanks for the hard work on this the fbw 320 has come a loooong way.

I also have the approaching slightly to the left of LOC C/L on some CATIII approaches issue. It knows it’s slightly left but doesnt correct. I can disconnect AP and re-aquire LOC and GS and it’s fine after that lands on the numbers, but, I seem to have the issue at some airports. I’ve tried different angles of intersecting it seems random and FS AP buggy to me it’s not normal behaviour.

thanks again.

Indeed the simbrief flow is still as effortless as it was before!

Re: the ILS, make sure you’re establishing below and beyond that I’m not sure what to suggest as I’ve not seen the issue myself for a while (except scenery with borked or incorrect ILS course etc)

1 Like

thanks
yes i thought it might have been Garys excellent EGPF but he had already fixed a slight LOC alignment issue in April I think, then i’ve seen it at other airports. I make sure I dont use Apr if the GS isn’t alive or just use LOC first if it’s a longer approach then Apr.
I’ve also noticed since downloading the latest DEV version i’ve had 3 CTD’s in a row during last 3 flights after 7 days of no CTDs. The only difference is i’m using simbrief/aoc and not the inbuilt planner. hmmm.

1 Like