Flying Iron Spitfire - Xbox Series X - Can’t Close Door!?

No it’s not a bug it’s engine torque. To take off in the spit you add right rudder trim and you gently apply the throttle and take off between 8 to 12 boost.

Although I’m usually up before then.

2 Likes

Yeah, I stopped flying it because of that issue. I just don’t see how this isn’t fixed yet. It’s been like a month. I paid 30€ or something and I can’t even perform a cold and dark start. They gotta get their sh*t together, it’s starting to annoy me

Edit: What’s even more annoying me is that the dev guy said it’ll be fixed with the update, now it’s not and he’s ignoring this thread now all of a sudden. Just sh*tty behaivour.

Um… I got a update… but The door still not works… Well… my pilot love convertible, And he is immortal… so he can control the plane without oxygen and cold weather… but I think door should works… isn’t it? :sweat_smile: It’s not default plane… I paid it for fly with Spitfire…

Oh, Thanks! I will try it :slightly_smiling_face:

TLDR: it’s an issue with the sim where WASM (C++ code) isn’t being run on Xbox. Asobo is investigating.

1 Like

Oh, Thanks for feedback to us! um… Maybe I should wait few month more… right? … looks something not simple problem…

Hey guys,
Door still not working after SU6. Seems like temperature gauges neither…

Hope u guys get it fixedand updated soon.

Also the navigation system gn430 is horrible to set up… please exchange it with more user friendly nav system

As mentioned above, this is a sim issue, and is unfortunately out of our hands. We still have not been given an ETA as to when the issue will be fixed by Asobo/MS, only that they are “investigating”.

If it’s a sim issue can we please get and update so we spawn at parking with the door closed……PLEASE

1 Like

Weren’t u able to “beta-test” the product before SU6?

Also can I ask when last correspondence with Asobo/Ms was and when last update of the product has been transmitted to the market place?

Best regards.

P.s. shouldn’t sound unrespectful and I don’t know your work procedures, but maybe as a 3rd party developer isn’t it possible to ask/get/order status reports for the product of Asobo/Ms straight every week before market update. That wise 3rd party developers make Asobo more sensitive for the problem and can keep their customers updated, instead of just saying “it’s out of our hands”

I bought it yesterday and still this problem exists. I thought I wasn’t pressing something right and so glad I came across this seeing I’m not the only one.

I spoke to them on Facebook, they are pushing out an update, with the update when you spawn cold and dark the door will be closed by default….
So not a full fix but at least it’s progress…

2 Likes

Well let’s hope that update won’t take another 50 years to go through Asobo or Microsoft or whoever is responsible for it.

I was given a soft confirmation by Microsoft that the WASM issue has been fixed internally - “We fixed the WASM gauges on Xbox” November 4th, 2021 Development Update - Microsoft Flight Simulator

We are patiently waiting to see if the fix is introduced in SU7…

was there any luck with SU7? I bought your plane and the door issue was mega disappointing. The flaps lever wouldn’t flip back up either from the cockpit.

The upcoming hotfix apparently has some fix in the patch notes for WASM modules, if that’s any relation to the door not operating?

Unfortunately no, the update did not fix the WASM issue.

I’ve asked MS for an update as to when the fix will be introduced. If they can’t give an answer, or if it is not going to be released within a reasonable amount of time, then I will ask them to push through our temporary fix so that we can finally have this issue (somewhat) resolved.

We are very sorry about how long this issue is taking to fix.

Regards,
Alex

No worries, love the plane and I don’t regret the purchase. It’s good to have an update, regardless; thanks!

Is this particular issue something that other developers are eager to see fixed on Asobo’s end? That’ll give me more hope that we’ll see a fix in the end.

Hi guys,

I’ve been told by Microsoft that the issue goes deeper than they thought and that it will take ‘some time’ before it is fixed. Therefore, we have asked them to go ahead with our Xbox update that will (hopefully) resolve most of the issues.

I’ll let you all know as soon as I’m given a release date for our update.

4 Likes

Not your fault clearly, it’s theirs. Whatever the issue is, it’s one I think they should’ve forseen. Like the multitude of issues ranging from huge ones like the DC-6 debacle, to minor ones like isolated buttons on tablets not working on Carenado aircraft, it’s not a very good look.