Flyinside B206 B3 Discussion

The more I fly this helicopter, the more I like it! You really learn to anticipate what it will do, minimizing cyclic movements until you can really fly it with your finger tips …

I just spent an hour flying over Tokyo, which has a relatively small, but excellently detailed photogrammetry coverage. I recommend starting at RJTIH Tokyo Heliport, which was added as a handcrafted airport with SU11 (thanks JayDee for the heads-up) and then head north-west. Tokyo has the most helipads in the world, about 80 in total. They are hardly ever used because of noise and safety regulations, but are mandatory on high buildings for rescue operations in case of fires. In the sim, we can ignore these regulations and enjoy a real helicopter adventure park!

8 Likes

If you go straight west from RJTIH, there is also 有明病院 (Ariake Hospital) which has a nice helipad and is only a few minutes away from the heliport. It’s my goto route for practicing approaches.
RJTIH itself is excellent for hover taxi exercises and has been my practice area for the last few weeks.

Just don’t make the mistake to search for real life footage of Tokyo Heliport. Real helicopter pilots are way to good :wink:

2 Likes

FlyInside is proud to announce the MSFS Marketplace Release of our B206 Helicopter! Live Now! For more information:

www.flyinside-helis.com

5 Likes

bought the heli from the marketplace and just flew some rounds on realistic. The rudder feels alittle weird, seems not to respond much. All in all it gives some heli hovering feelings i know from RC heli flying :slight_smile:

one question:
How do i bring back the window where i can do these settings? I do not see an ipad or something in the heli. :thinking:

On the left side of the panel Near the clock is a button to bring up HeliManager.
Anti torque pedals do not work like rudders, especially in cruise flight where your vertical tail will push back to weathervane you back. Watch the Ball on the turn and bank indicator. Use enough to keep it centered. At cruise you will have little or no pedal input.

Hope this helps.

For more help join our discord, lots of folks and the devs there to assist.

RotorRick

thanks. yeah, when flying the RC helis i was used the tail is controllable in a different way, as there is a gyro to hold it. Will get used to it. Its just i was used to fly arcade mode with the Asobo bell 407 with heavy feet usage :grin:

1 Like

You can set it up to fly like arcade mode with HeliManager, just up the stability sliders until it’s flies like you want, then reduce as you gain experience.

It’s fun to use as a scenery viewing platform too… :slight_smile:
RotorRick

Will the Flyinside Bell 206 B3 eventually have floats? I love the movie The Thing. It would be neat to take the Bell 206 up Salmon Glacier to the location of what was once Outpost 31 with a Bell 206 dressed up to look like a Jetranger featured in that film. :grinning:

1 Like

Yes! Floats are coming!!!

RotorRick

8 Likes

That’s fantastic news, RotorRick! And thank you!

Hey RotorRick
great to hear that a cargo hook is on its way. But will this be a visual expansion only or can we hope for some kind of mission creator for sling loads (like the hpg action pack extension) to do some real sling-loading.

1 Like

brandy,
FlyInside will only release functioning add-ons. The cargo hook will allow proper sling loads which, as I am sure you know, will affect the flight model. be careful, it could ruin your day if you’re not careful. As to when? Good question, next up after a feature and art update on the 206 will be a major update to the 47 to include all the new features of the 206. After that, we have some surprises and a new heli coming!

Stay Tuned!

RotorRick

15 Likes

:+1: :smiley:

5 Likes

Is there a way to reduce turbulence effect so this bird does not behave like this?

2 Likes

There’s a few things going on there-

You’re doing 90 knots with a lot of left pedal. The slip ball is telling you to stop that. The tail is swinging out into the airstream and getting pushed back.

If its windy, real helicopters will do this even when level.

I’ve been told the gust data coming from the sim to the flight model is not a smooth curve, but more like an on/off switch. this can make the reactions to it much worse.

And finally SU12 is supposed to add some filtering options on the turbulence movements.

3 Likes

At the beginning of the video all controls are centered, including antitorque pedals. I know it’s MSFS issue, there is a whole thread about this effect. It was not that windy, barely 15kts (real weather).

I am asking if there is a setting in flight_model.cfg to reduce such behaviour? Temporarily only, until Asobo fixes their aerodynamics model.

This doesn’t use the Asobo heli flight model. I dont know if anything in the cfg would help.

Group Flight with WU12 New Zealand

5 Likes

Latest update is great

Yea I agree. It’s feeling a lot more sorted and rounded off now if that makes sense. The waters for me have been muddied somewhat as I’m playing now on a new PC where I’m getting much much better performance and smoothness than before and it really does help the feeling of control, especially with helicopters. But BOTH this and the Mini-500 and the HPG have all had updates since I last flew them on my old machine so I’m not sure what is FM improvements and what is my 60fps effect now lol

1 Like