FlyInside Bell 47G Helicopter Progress Update

Thank you for purchasing the Bell 47! You should be able to hover over the download, and see a “…” which allows you to keep/open it. The file is safe, just unrecognized.

If that doesn’t work I would try a different browser like Chrome or Firefox. In a few days these warnings will go away as people download and the file becomes recognized by microsoft, antivirus, etc.

And please check your spam folder if you didn’t recieve a receipt.

Tony

Nice! I am looking forward to purchasing this. I am actually on my way to the airport right now for a quick business trip, so I won’t be able to get and fly this for a day or two, but as soon as I am back, I will purchase and review!

2 Likes

Looking forward to hearing your opinion :slight_smile:

Tony

1 Like

I bought this little bird and I must admit that I’m very impressed with the flight dynamics. If you guys develop another good heli like this one, I’m afraid I will have to retire from work to have more time flying. :wink:

2 Likes

My thumbs up for this very nice Heli. I have kicked all the tires, looked under the hood, found no cup holder and enjoy buzzing around with it. I recommend it very much.

2 Likes

Just wait till the NEW UPDATE! In the next few weeks a massive update is on the way. Stay Tuned!

RotorRick

2 Likes

The Update is taking a bit longer than expected, as we added MANY new features including an all new physics based ground handling sub-system we discovered it didn’t play nice with some of the MSFS latest features/ So we’re going through it all to make sure it’s, “ready for prime time.”

Shouldn’t be much longer now.

Stay Tuned!

RotorRick

8 Likes

Looking forward to it! This and the 206 are still the best helicopters available for the sim, I do ask though, with this update has there been any work on reducing the overhead that the custom flight model introduces to the sim? I understand there’s a lot of custom code to get these birds to fly properly, but in heavy scenery areas I get such stuttering and low frame rates it makes controlling them more difficult than they need to be. Thanks for all your work!

1 Like
  1. FlyInside B47 v2.66 UPDATE Online now on our website www.flyinside-helis.com and sent to MS Marketplace.
    -Adds new ground handling and light-on-skids behavior
    -Adds helipad support
    -Adds support for new MSFS cyclic/collective input bindings
    -Adds density altitude support
    -Fixes various multiplayer issues around shared particles and animations
    -Adds Garmin GNS430 option (can be toggled via Heli Manager)
    -Adds navigation/IFR gauge stack (can be toggled via Heli Manager)
    -Manifold Pressure realistically responds to engine RPM and power demands
    -Improves rotor inertia overall feel
    -Adds Heli Manager “Features” tab
    -Adds headsets with sound damping
    -Adds new seats
    -Adds B8 grip option (can be enabled via Heli Manager)
    -Adds failures dialog for engine failure and rotor overspeed
    -Sliding windows can now be enabled via Heli Manager
    -Sliding windows can now be opened/closed
    -Rain effects follow more reasonable paths along bubble
    -Particle effects can now be toggled via Heli Manager
    -Adds avionics switch
    -Adds Ident button/light to transponder
    -Adds 3 new liveries
    -Adds switch labels to liveries that were missing them
    -Improved cyclic artwork
    -Improves lateral cyclic authority/feel
    -Improved inclinometer behavior -Doors have sound
    -Extended Altimeter Kohlsmann window values
    -Running Takeoffs/Landings now realistically supported
    -Adds Gyro spool down effects -Fixes ICAO designator (edited)

With version 2.66, we bring a slew of new features and improvements to the 47, it feels like a whole new bird! To start, this release includes an optional and switchable IFR panel. With a CDI, DG, and ASI, you are no longer limited to pure VFR navigation. A Garmin GNS 430 compliments the new nav-stack to help you find your way. All new atmospheric physics take many factors into consideration for performance calculations. Watch out for high Density Altitude environments! Handling is improved too! Enjoy new physics-based ground handling, which supports running take-offs and landings. In the air, cyclic feel and throttle response have both been improved. Additionally, we’ve added support for MSFS helipads and helicopter control bindings.

When installing an update, you may simply download and install over the previous version. There is no need to uninstall any prior versions first.

RotorRick

11 Likes

(Copy of my answer in the top 10 thread)

I only did one short flight with the updated B-47, summer weather is simply too nice at the moment :sunglasses:

Really like the improvements like the enhanced instrument panel, improved ground handling, proper helicopter control assignments etc.

For anybody who has issues controlling the 47, don’t be afraid to lower the cyclic sensitivity! With the 206 I normally leave it at 80, but for the B-47 I prefer something like 50.

@moderators Would it make sense to move this thread to the helicopter section?

1 Like

A couple shots from banff alberta, canada. She makes you work @ 5000ft thats for sure! Very different beast than the previous version . Lots of fun to fight with!

2 Likes

FINALLY!

The FlyInside B47 UPDATE is available on MS Marketplace!!!

XBOX release (with all the same features and flight modelling) should be coming soon!!

As well as 2 big B206 Updates with lots of new features.

After that… Stay Tuned!!

RotorRick

5 Likes

I have been told that the 47 is now available for XBOX on the marketplace!!!

For XBOX pilots we have prepared a very short control setup guide.

Take a look!

https://flyinside-helis.com/xbox-47

RotorRick

1 Like

I think I saw it in the piston aircraft section