Flysimware Cessna 414A

So today I tried the 414 again after complaining about the 750Xi and the AP displays bugging after using DLSS. Turns out this is only happening when in VR. Can anyone confirm this?

Anyone seen this going on with the 414. I’m not sure if its a SU10, DX12, of 414 (I just updated to v3.2.0 via marketplace) thing. But I’m seeing a pink/red glow from the engine vents. You see this as a red/pink patch even during daylight, but as darkness comes it glows fiery red & looks like its also glowing from inside the engine vent too on both sides. Intentional red glow or DX12 graphical anomaly?

It’s intentional. It’s the glow from the turbochargers.

6 Likes

that’s an anomaly, yes the turbochargers glow, but you shouldn’t be getting those bright red patches on the outside textures.

2 Likes

Is that a new thing in 3.2.0? I ďidnt see it in the changelog. If its also in the 2.9.? Release then since it’s punching through red on the exterior it screams a DX12 thing to me.

It would be seen from between those vents I would expect, but perhaps not as vividly as it is seen here, like a glowing disk, or ball. More of a glow maybe, and less defined?

1 Like

Dx12 then then most likely culprit. Im running dx12 and dlss, but tried toggling dlss off but no impact. Unfortunately chnging dx11/dx12 requires a full reboot to smwitch. Ill give it a go later. There are some dx12 anomalies around, but many aren’t that bad.

Right. These are solid pink in daylight / red in dark glowing exterior patches. I’m sure it must be a dx12 thing now.

It’s been there as long as I can remember, and I was an early beta adopter.

1 Like

Ok, good to know. I’ve only just noticed this glow since it started glowing on my exterior textures during the day and night.

It’s more obvious than it used to be. I have never seen it in real life, but it seems like it could be toned down a bit.

2 Likes

In real life, it is very difficult to see from the pilots seat. I only know this because I once took a night flight with a company pilot sitting in the cabin with me as we were getting a ride from one airport to another. He looked out the window and was quite surprised to see the glow of the turbo through the cowl vents. The vents themselves are not very wide so you need to be looking from behind the engine to see the glow.

So yes, it is just a bit overdone is all.

3 Likes

this is there since release. I already mentioned a few times on their discord and they said there is nothing to do. The glow bleed too much, the correct would be the glow coming from inside not like that.;

1 Like

I’d rather see it go away altogether. I shouldn’t see turbo glow through the cowling.

2 Likes

The thing is is was solid bright pinkish/red during total daylight. I think the internal glow is propagating to the aircraft surface textures because I’m running DX12. It’s only just started happening, but in a week I’ve upgraded -
Windows (22H2), Nvidia drivers (517.48), SU10, DX12&DLSS, and the 414 (3.2.0 via marketplace). So that’s a whopping amount of new variables, but I’m leaning towards a DX12 anomaly. I’ll have to swich back to DX11 to confirm though.

I was using windows 10 and dx11 before and it was always there. Exactly how it shows in your pictures.

1 Like

Strange I’ve not noticed it before. Will keep an eye out. The glow now I know about Id expect, the bright texture not so much. I should have screengrabbed in total daylight. I would have thought Id have noticed something looking like that previously.

Some one know how to lean this Plane? i Foun nothing in the POH ??

Use the EGT. For performance lean until it peaks and go back rich to drop it 50 degrees. For endurance lean until peak and then keep leaning to drop around 50 degrees.

2 Likes

ok thanks and this at any given height? where you got this infos?