Flysimware Cessna 414A

It’s floating on final. Even at a landing speed of 70 kts short before touchdown and you start to flare it can climg again (Throttle near or at idle).
It’s like that since forever. Rest feels ok. But at landing this doesn’t feel heavy/beastly…

1 Like

Its is a little floaty at landing I guess but I like that way more than the 310 that just plummets straight down and sticks to the runway like glue lol. Feels more realistic to me but then again I’ve never flown one and aren’t likely to any time soon.
The beast part was more to do with the flight model in general and the engine power from those turbines. By comparison a plane like the 310 (although I like that plane a lot) feels a little underpowered. Especially at higher altitudes.

I’m pretty sure its a turbo-charged piston, but I know what you mean. It’s got a lot of power under the hood, but even so it struggles to take off from Meribel, using every last inch of runway. :slight_smile:

Thanks to FSW for the 2.4.0 update and 1.6 manual - got an email this time! :slight_smile:

Downloaded faster, too, which is good at this time of day.

1 Like

Using the 2.4 update, whenever I climb above FL180 with MP=31 inch and rpm=2500, MP is variating quickly between 31-28 MP until decending below FL170. Pitot heat is on.
I could repeat this phenomenon several times.
Any ideas to resolve this issue.

I haven’t taken her up that high yet and I can’t check right now, but are you flying according to the turbo limitations/restrictions? There should be a placard on the lower right of the cockpit.

Disregard if I’m talking out of my posterior. Just an idea that sprang to mind.

Hope its not a stupid question. But whats that ABS ALT is for? do i need to set the altitude on the digital honeywell and on the ground radar ?

Forgot to mention thats for the PMS50 GTN750 config

2.4 update: GNS 530 ILS is a dream!!

Bugs:

• Copilot doesn’t show.
  • Passengers’ weights not taken over to SIM payload settings.
  • One passenger lady with writing on the sweatshirt is mirror-inverted
2 Likes

Landings in the 310 are much more exciting for this reason, a better feeling of speed!

Check out 2.4.1, seems all of your points are fixed

3 Likes

I don’t know if it is just me but 2.4.1 sure feels less floaty on landing. It feels really really good to fly now.

3 Likes

I was never notified of a 2.4.1 :neutral_face:

I noticed from 18k-23k i lost 3 inches of MP… not sure if that is real, but I don’t think so on Turbo engines. Otherwise, an hour into the flight from Greenland to Iceland, she is flying great. I sure would love a custom registration though.

If you are comparing to 2.4.0 there were no flight model changes. The only thing that could possibly affect this were some changes to the new pax and cargo weights. I haven’t tried this latest hot fix yet but 2.4.0 still floats. I find bleeding the speed away once you are certain to make the runway helps.

Once you reach the engines critical altitude the turbochargers can no longer maintain full manifold pressure, and as a result the manifold pressure will begin to drop. I don’t recall off the top of my head what critical altitude is in the FSW 414, but I want to say I read somewhere that it is 21,000 feet, or around that. Assuming that figure is correct, MP would begin to drop after you reach 21,000 feet (which is the engines critical altitude). But it should not have started dropping at 18k feet, unless the critical altitude is lower than what I remember.

Yep 21k ft springs to mind also.

Can’t reproduce that with v2.4.1. Went up to FL270 in cruise climb with no issues other than the MP didn’t start to drop until ~FL215 which seems late, even with a standard altimeter setting…

why do I not see the gfc 600 autopilot?

Turbo-normalized engines have a critical altitude above which manifold pressure will drop off. I can’t remember what the critical altitude for the 414 is, but if it is FL180, then that is definitely plausible.

It certainly could have been 21. Thanks for letting me know. Overall, the airplane is flying well. Took it from Greenland to Iceland earlier. Nice long shakedown flight.