FMC (Flight Management System General)?

Hi All,
I tried to place this under the appropriate thread but the (New Topic came up with a ‘forbidden’ icon. Circle red line)
I enjoy flying the A320 Airbus.
In my last Flight simulator, FSX, I made frequent use of the FMC.
However this one is different and I’m not sure what works and what don’t. For example the RAD NAV, AIR PORT, buttons don’t do anything. + a few others.
Is there a write up, manual, or link around on this particular model that I can use to cross reference with the print-outs I already have from FSX.
I have been using flight simulators since the Commodore 64 days (I’m 72 years old) and I have the Pro flight yoke and various other instruments attached to my machine.
FS 2020 has the potential to be a great simulator, but there’s a lot of bugs to be ironed out.
I don’t want to install this program again, I have done it six times already, three times from disk and three times downloaded, that was due to other problems.
Thanks in advance
Scorp

The FMC in the stock A320 is very basic at best. It offers only the most rudimentary functionality. And there’s zero documentation on how to use it.

The FlyByWire team have made the free A320Nx mod which increases the realism of the A320 significantly, including adding a lot of functionality to the FMC and to other “inop” functions in the cockpit of the stock plane.

I don’t really fly airliners, so I can’t give you specifics, but if that’s your plane, then you’d probably benefit from this mod significantly.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/flybywire-a320nx-v0-4-0-released/302015?u=crunchmeister71

Thanks Cm71,
I’ll have downloaded the contents but right now I have another problem.
I downloaded the Airbus update from MS store but was told I needed version 1:11:2.
I have version 1:10:11:0
Couldn’t find the new version so I tried to revert to the original Airbus.
Disaster !!! it made the whole game unstable.
In the many years I have been using computers, ( since I was 18 years old, I’m now 72) I have never had a program so difficult to install as this one.
Thanks again. I hope to give it a try later today.
Scorp

Hey, I’m am old fart also. Fly the A32NX a fair bit, and it’s light years better than the original, although still not a study level a/c. If you do decide to use it, use the A32NX installer, which you can use to see if there are any updates, and have a choice between a stable version and a in development version with more features but less stable. BTW, use this link, as the one above goes to only ver. 4.0 and the latest ver. is 4.1.

Hi roketJsquerl
Thanks, really appreciated.
At the moment I have two other problems, hopefully you or someone reading this post can help with either/both.
(1) I can’t start a new post, if I click on it I get the old circle with red diagonal line.
is it because I’m new to the site ?? trial period Etc.
(2) This is what I wanted the new post for :- I need to download version 1:11:2, I have version 1:10:11:0. I have been on the store site and clicked the Update/download link but all that does is download stuff I don’t need and then it tells me I’m ‘Good’ Up to Date.
Nothing about MFS.
Thanks
Scorp

1.11.2 is not out yet until the 24th I think. So you are up to date, no worries. It’s just the way MS and Asobo do things.

Thanks again.
In all my years of computing I have never come across a program like this.
I think MS released it too early, needs a lot of fixing.
I have the Premium Deluxe Version and its beginning to effect my mental health :wink: :laughing:
Cheers
Scorp

Yea, needs fixing, but they have shown that they are willing to get it right. It shows great potential. I’m having a blast with it, and also helping test a new STOL Bush Plane, keeping me busy. I love it!

:laughing: