For future updates, make sceneries and aircraft optional

Any new scenery or aircraft should be an optional download and not included in the mandatory module. You made me download with SU7 stuff I am not interested to use for a grand total de 25.45 GB mandatory, probably busting my internet cap. Not happy. Keep your gifts at our discretion, please.

1 Like

@DominiqueKL I have moved this thread to the #self-service:wishlist category so that it is voteable.

I too appreciate the new content. However, certain aspects of this could be better delivered in the same manner as World Updates, optional downloads to be acquired through the marketplace as “free” items, rather than a forced download.

One example I will use is the handcrafted Zurich airport. A lovely gesture for those who don’t have any payware scenery already for this airport. However, for those who have payware then they were forced to download over 5gb for an airport that they are most likely to uninstall. (The actual package size to download was over 5GB, even though the final package is significantly smaller).

For those who have slow internet, such unnecessary downloads can be somewhat irksome.
There is also the issue of storage space with forced downloads.

Bravo for the free content. But please make it optional somehow rather than a forced download to be uninstalled later.

5 Likes

I would like to see the same done with all the free liveries that were added this year as well. Group them into packs (Livery 01, FSX Legacy, Xbox Aviators Club) and put them in the Marketplace just like the Aviators Club liveries that were added last year.

3 Likes

Warmly secunding that !

1 Like

Mod edit: Merged from very similar wishlist topic
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-let-us-decide-which-packages-we-want-to-keep/478075.

Hi guys,

I already started a discussion topic and as a result I’m now creating this wishlist entry. :slight_smile:

With the GOTY update and the release of the Reno DLC I got some new aircraft packages installed which I can’t fly (because I don’t own the DLC) but I’m also not able to uninstall them via the Content Manager because there is simply no uninstall button available. If I remove them manually from the Official folder, they get reinstalled after relaunching the sim.

So long story short I would like to be able to uninstall the following packages as I can’t see any benefit apart from making my disk full. As said I can’t fly them anyway so I don’t need them on my disk. Here is the list of the packagages I’d like to uninstall:

• Aero Vodochody - L39 Common
  • North American Aviation - P51D-Reno
  • Aviat - Pitts S1
  • Aviat - Pitts S1 Common
  • North American Aviation - T6 Common

I’m talking here about the Reno packages from SU7 but there are also other packages with the same problem. We can’t uninstall them. So please Asobo give us the opportunity to decide which packages we want to keep on our disks because we dont need everything!

1 Like

Yep. This is the entry for the P51-Reno. It’s not a playable aircraft for me, yet it’s occupying nearly half a Gigabyte of space.

1 Like

Voted for this.

Would be good to get this option.