Will there be an option to remove the reno aircraft packages?

Hi guys,

First of all, I don’t own the Reno DLC and I don’t intend to buy it anytime soon. I’m more of an airliner guy rather than a racing guy :wink:

Nevertheless, with the GOTY update I received some aircrafts which I can’t fly because I don’t own the DLC but I also can’t uninstall them from the Content Manager. If I remove them manually from the Community folder, they get reinstalled after relaunching the sim.

Is the any way or are there any plans to remove those aircrafts? As said I can’t fly them anyway so I don’t need them on my disk. Here is the list of the packagages I’d like to uninstall:

• Aero Vodochody - L39 Common
  • North American Aviation - P51D-Reno
  • Aviat - Pitts S1
  • Aviat - Pitts S1 Common
  • North American Aviation - T6 Common
2 Likes

I would also like to remove everything that has to do with Reno to save space, everything extra should be voluntary to download ,I don’t like to be forced into something I do not want to have.

1 Like

Isn’t it better to keep them to see other players on multiplayer? And also I do not understand, did you try to fly them as a normal plane or not? I fly them out of Races (but I have a pack installed as well). Do we really need the Pack to fly them?

And if you still going to delete them… did you try from the Content manager?

Well tbh i don’t care. If you don’t have the packages installed MSFS will exchange the specif aircraft model with a generic one in multiplayer which would be totally fine for me.

Yes I did and I can only fly the Aviat Pitts S1-S the others in my list I can’t fly. I simply don’t see them in my aircraft list on the world map.

Yes as I said there is no option to do so. If you select them there is no button to uninstall :frowning:

That’s exactly my motivation :yum:

Give your question a search and make a new wishlist vote if there isn’t one.
And seriously folks, everyone has different needs, wants, desires and opinions. Not every question or answer, requires lengthy explanations…

I highly doubt they are installed in the Community folder.

As with everything installed in the Official folder, you can manage that by going to the content manager in-game (under Profile). There you can search, select, install and uninstall separate packages.

However, I can imagine that since these are ‘common’ packages, they contain various stuff which is re-used elsewhere and therefore are not removable, because they are seen as ‘base’ stuff.

1 Like

Yes you’re right they are in the official folder, sorry :wink:

Indeed they have to fix this.

I also find utterly inacceptable that they force us to keep airplanes
and / or features that we don’t want…

So for everyone willing to support this, I’ve created a wishlist topic:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-let-us-decide-which-packages-we-want-to-keep/478075

1 Like

Well done!
Let’s hope Asobo acknowledges this…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.