Force feedback support

Vote for a force feedback in MFS2020 too :wink:

1 Like

Ther are different applications for each Flight sim you need the one specifically for FS2020 - the one for XP won’t do it. I think they discount for people who already own XPForce.

Yes, the SDK is taking too long. Asobo, come on, FFB is the icing on the cake!

1 Like

Folks, I must remind everyone that both FSX and Prepar3D support FFB OUT OF THE BOX. I own a Logitech Wingman wireless joypad and above all a Force3DPro joy from Logitech too. In FSX/P3D they still work after 15 years or so under W10 64 bit (i bought them in the XP era) With FSXX, they work out of the box, but without FFB. I’ve tried the latest XPForce demo compiled specifically for FSXX. It works well, but I can’t understand why there isn’t native support in FSXX. Just port the old FSX code, it’s always managed with DX10 or DX11 after all! For some reason (patents maybe) there are almost no FFB devices on the market, but in the simmer community they’re still widely used.

2 Likes

I must be missing something here because I am getting Force Feedback on my Microsoft Focefeedback2 / Sidewinder Joystick that I still have from the earlier MSFS games.

I CONFIRMED
Side winder FFB 2 WORKS with XPForce MSFS

Here is the link to buy the plugin (download on the bottom of the page)
XPForce MSFS

2 Likes

Anyone confirms that XPForce works will all sticks (except Saitek EVO Force)? How is it? Any reviews? It is meh or good?

Looks like we are back to X-plane days, huh? We have to pay for every fix.

2 Likes

So far, it has been tested on:

• Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2
  • Logitech G940
  • Logitech Force 3D Pro
  • Iris Dynamics Yoke
2 Likes

Probably not what your looking for but the XBOX controller has force feedback out of the box.

fyi

1 Like

Yes, we need Force Feedback support for existing controllers such as the Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2. I have one of those, still works really well, but, it’s totally unsupported by MSFS 2020. Very disappointing. Please add support sooner rather than later people! We should not have to pay for 3rd party things to enable such devices.

2 Likes

From my testing, it works barely… and mostly on the ground. Even in complete tempests, I don’t get much if any feedback at all with my Sidewinder FF2 and XPForce.

There’s some outputs that are probably missing in the current version of MSFS for it to work properly (I’m refering to the FS Force announcement), I truly hope to see them implemented :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I was going to spend money on it. I rather wait for FSForce. He’s giving regular updates about the development. I do hope it is implemented right, because FFB makes a hell of a difference.

I have xpforce, and it works prety well for pitch axis and ground feedback, but that’s about it. No FFB for Roll and yaw. All in all it’s not bad, forces decrease with slowing/stall.

1 Like

IF Asobo is going to add support for MS Sidewinder 2 FF, at a minimum, could they support the Thrustmaster “Top Gun” FF stick, to a point where MSFS does not CTD when it is plugged in.

Does not need a default profile by Asobo, just MSFS not to CTD when it detects the stick is plugged in. (ie before start, or during running)

1 Like

we need more votes

2 Likes

@Microsoft,

Many of us have invested in your joysticks, like the Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2. It would seem reasonable that Microsoft Flight Simulator be able to use a Microsoft branded flight stick. Please honor your customers who have been with MSFS and MS Hardware for a long time, and add support for your own joysticks. Thank you.

7 Likes

Or even better, release a new batch of hardware!

6 Likes

Sadly were in the catch 22 right now. Nothing has 2 axis force feedback, so nobody will make the hardware, and without the hardware…nobody is going to write in 2 axis FFB.

Even though DCS AND IL-2 both have pretty ok DirectX FFB just waiting for new goodies to plug into them.

1 Like

I found this, you may haven’t tried it

https://directinputmanager.com/airforceplayer/

looks interesting, I tried but its not working for me. Maybe I use it wrong?