Force feedback support

100%, after flying helos in DCS with a FFB stick it’s not enjoyable to fly without FFB anymore. we’ve been spoiled

3 Likes

Yes, what was possible in FS98 should be reintroduced in MSFS 2020 too - I never have forgotten this great feature -
I own a Logitech G940 Flight system with force feedback support…

1 Like

+1 the game needs to support FFB just like pretty much every other sim out there already does.

The " I cannot personally afford an FFB stick or yoke so therefore Asobo should totally ignore Force Feedback" argument is stupid and should be ignored.

1 Like

The weird thing is my joystick which i can’t use its ffb feature is microsoft branded lol

images

6 Likes

This thread is hitting close to 600 votes, surely they must take notice eventually :smiley:

But you can with that joystick…with software FS Force (payware)…haven’t used it, don’t have a sidewinder force 2…hope to find one reasonably priced and mod it

Mod it? What needs modding? I have one and it is fine. It is also becoming a collectors item.

Use it’s internals on a yoke

from the fs force website…

FS Force

Fully compatible with FSX, FSX-SE, P3D & FSW

NOT compatible with MSFS 2020

-it was indeed nice in fsx… but not working in the current version. Sorry bud.
There was a thread where Russ Dirks of fs Force basically said “unable” until there’s implementation for ffb in the sdk in the game.

Here ya go for that thread:
https://www.fs-force.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1468

1 Like

Interesting…I’ve read people saying they’re using that software with msfs 2020…well time will tell

1 Like

I use “simFFB” with my G940 - works fine but from buttons only.

If i understand correctly, this application lets you trim your joy when flight helos in msfs, isn’t it?

Helos and planes. Progressive trimmer (see Options) is for planes, Instantanious - for helos. I did not try with helos yet.

2 Likes

Windows doesn’t let me execute simFFB.exe for security reasons :face_with_raised_eyebrow: (the error is “unknown publisher”).

Just allow her:)

Very interesting. It works really well but call to my attention that it doesn’t interact with the trim of the sim. So it maybe creates some problems with certain system and flight models of some addons. I suppose that for helos without any assistant system will work.

But very promising for GA aircraft and gliders. Thank you!

1 Like

Yes, I have one of them as well as a couple of sidewinder 2.

FSForce doesn’t work with MSFS. You have to use XPForce or Airforceplayer.

1 Like

I think this will never come…there only pamper the Xbox jockeys…

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know of this one!

Has anybody tried Rhino + XPforce in MSFS??