Ford Trimotor 5AT Almost completed

www.tukanflightsim.com

27 Likes

This looks great! I remember Taog announcing a Trimotor as well. Is Tukan related to Taog at all? Either way, I’m excited to have a more powerful and honestly kind of better looking Trimotor in the sim.

1 Like

Thanks.

It is not related to Taog at all. Looks like there are quite a few Tri-motors flying around :grin:

3 Likes

Wow, this looks absolutely spectacular!! A far more accurate visual model, inside and out, and more refined than the recently-released AH/MS offering. It’s easy to tell when a developer actually has a vested interest in/passion for the aircraft type they’re developing/recreating, and it definitely shows here. I am really looking forward to its release!

5 Likes

Thanks JohnnyT5000.

The Ford Trimotor 5AT was the version used in “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom”. That is what inspired me to do it and I really wanted to make it justice.

6 Likes

This looks impressive. Can you tell us anything about systems, features & sounds?

2 Likes

Okay, now we are talking. This looks like a proper Trimotor to me. Excellent work.

1 Like

Indeed! I would buy this model in an instant. Nothing wrong bringing a proper model out.

3 Likes

Oh yes, that looks great!

1 Like

Looks amazing.

1 Like

Thanks CaptHawkeye50.

Most of the switches, gauges and valves will be operable and functional.

There is a box with some switches and knobs by the side of the throttles for which I never found good reference to know what they were. I believe they are radio related. Unfortunately when I deduced what it was, I had already included the radio in the main panel. It is also placed in an uncomfortable place to operate when playing so I left it there for extra detail but without functionality.

It is an old plane so it doesn’t have many fancy systems. On top of all the usual gauges, I have included an HSI for navigation.

The artwork and animations are done. I am currently working on making the last systems functional. The fuel selector valves and the primers.

The sounds will be the next bit but I intend to make them as exhaustive as possible.

11 Likes

This looks excellent! Now I’m very glad that I didn’t have to pay anything for the AH version.

5 Likes

is there any possibility of a cargo version like this one?

:wink:

4 Likes

I can’t wait to try it out. It looks like a Trimotor should =) The proportions of the nose and cockpit windows are perfect. And the overall model and textures look stunning :+1:

1 Like

I had thought about that… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The interior is still not in the works but it is in the plan…

12 Likes

is this payware? sorry if this has already been explained elsewhere
looks great!

Systems are now 99% completed. I was struggling with the fuel system but it is now working.

Two knobs and needles to animate, some minor art tweaks and then full on to the sounds.

17 Likes

BTW…maddormo…I have started working on your request… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

2 Likes

A view of the infamous fuel system controls

And a clearer view of the control panel on day light.

18 Likes