Forever loading issue after Sim Update 6

I’ve just spawned in and my 152 is sitting cold and dark on ramp 24 right now. … I’ll see you on the IOM in an hour :smiley:

I solved this problem installing all mods (airplanes, liveries,airports…) on m2 ssd disk (old was mechanical hard disk), now it work fine, noone problem loading airports, planes… So I think it was a problem with data transfer rate, at least for me. (Msfs program is installed on another m2 disk).

I have been experiencing the same issue since SU6. Random with various 3rd party airports (purchased usually vis Simmarket or JustFlight), but particularly EGLC London City. I’ve even tested EGLC with absolutely nothing else in my Community Folder, and get the same problem.
Sometimes I can spawn at vrious airports without a problem. Other times they just fail.
I’ve got really fast broadband, High End PC, and use MSFS AddonLinker to dictate choice of stuff in my Community Folder.
I have contacted Zendesk but am not holding my breath.

Yesterday I stumbled across the Builder Log Error File in the MSFS Directory (I use the Steam version).
The following line was listed 19 times…

Could not open file: ‘SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_103Solo_SmallWheels\model\103solo_cockpit.xml’

As far as I can make out, it seems to be referring to the Asobo Marketplace addon plane Top Rudder Solo 103 ?
I have never purchased that plane… I don’t own it.
Could the problem therefore be that it is not to failing to load airports, but actually trying to load a plane that I don’t own own…
Any thoughts?

2 Likes

Where did you find that file? I could have a look too and see if i got the same error message…

That’s just a livery for the Asobo Top Rudder Solo 103 - this livery was installed on my PC when I bought the Asobo Husky and the purchase failed due to the server outage shortly after SU6 release. Long story short I purchased the Solo 103 as well, after the livery didn’t want to go away and I noticed that log file too. When the plane was actually installed the log file apparently vanished completely. So I own the Solo 103 and it has nothing to do with the problem.*

*I recently spend an evening trying to make sense of the outputs of Process Monitor when FS loads a flight, and there is no failing to load anything involved.

Bought the new France VFR Paris airports titles last night.

23 airports.

So far I have tried to load the sim at 9. Six have failed.

Getting really fed up with this failing to load issue.

I did this when it was posted and so far it’s fixed my issue. This is why I stated that many different issues were being thrown around in this thread. My issue started after the last update. The last little bit to load into the airport so that I could fly took in excess of 25 minutes and it looked like the loading was hung up. My issue was not related to any mod. Many in this thread are having issues related to a certain airport or a mod causing them, that was not me, mine was related to something that was fixed doing the above.

Those that have the issue and it’s related to a mod, try removing all your mods (not just offending airports) and testing. It’s been found in the past that a single airport or livery can cause problems with the entire simulator that seem unrelated and not even have the problem at that airport. Further, if you think something bought on the marketplace may be causing it, then you can go into content manager and uninstall all your purchased items to test (you can always reinstall them). Once you remove all mods and purchased content, then see if you still have the problem. If you do then try the above. If you don’t, you can then start adding mods/purchases back in one by one until the problem reappears.

1 Like

CaptainNuts2000 thanks for your input.
Since my previous post I looked in my Content Folder and found the following file:-
“103 Solo_Xbox Aviators Club” and deleted it. (I had never purchased/installed the plane).
It solved my problem… I could load any purchased 3rd Party Airport I wanted to…
!!! Until yesterday afternoon when the problem manifested once again !!! … Coincidence or not, I dunno… Not happy…

I am more than happy to delete my Content.xml file and my .dat files if I could find them.
I own the Steam version.
The Devs reply, that Phantom Streak has posted indicates locations for the Store and Steam versions which are indentical ! I believe them to be relevant to the Store version only.
If someone could point me in the right direction to enable me to delete the files in the Steam version I would be obliged.
Jansen0071… I found the Builder Log Error File located under my Username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft Flight Simulator folder (Steam location). It has now dissapeared, so I assume it only creates itself if it discovers an error.

No response yet from Zendesk… Totally hacked off… Particuarly with Asbo who won’t even acknowledge that there is a problem…

For the Steam version, the Content.xml file is located at:
C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator

The .dat files are located at:
C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes

2 Likes

Also had this issue at KDFW. Turned off online functionality. Loaded in fine. :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for the info… Appreciated.

Ahh… so it’s not just me having to reboot the sim 2-3 times before it loads correctly. Hope they fix this soon. :pensive:

Wanted to post and confirm that deleting your Content.xml file, the Scenery Index .dat files, and deleting your Rolling Cache does NOT resolve this issue in any way whatsoever. I have personally tested this myself and it changes absolutely nothing. After completing these steps, the very first flight I attempted hung and resulted in a force close of the game.

As said before also, this issue has absolutely nothing to do with any add-on content, third-party or otherwise. I run the game purely vanilla, no add-ons.

After a failed attempt to make a flight and having to force close the game, my BuilderLogError.txt file is filled with lines such as:

Could not open file: ‘SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_C172SP_Classic\model\Cessna172N_interior.XML’

That’s just one line as an example. This is after deleting the Content.xml, .dat, and rolling cache files and restarting the game fresh.

Either the game is failing to load core content, or is having server connectivity issues. It is a fault of the core game itself and something Asobo/Microsoft are going to have to resolve on their end. It is going to require a patch.

My feeling is any workarounds people have found are placebo or purely coincidental, being the game does on occasion not fail to load and work as intended. Regardless, it is something that is going to have to be patched to get a reliable, always working, resolution. It is not the fault of the end-user; your installation, configuration, content, connection, etc. This is on Asobo and Microsoft.

4 Likes

Same deal, didnt fix the issue.

2 Likes

Same here too …

I have the same issue, but I’m unable to reproduce stably.
My deepest thanks to who those suffer constantly and to provide useful information about that tragedy. Sadly, Asobo seems to be very quiet about it.

For me still not working also :frowning:

I’ve actually been testing Sim Update 7 for several days for a review I had to write at work, and since today the embargo on the review and coverage is up, I guess I can tell you all that luckily, Sim Update 7 solves this issue.

Just a couple of days to go.

8 Likes

Thanks for this positive feedback !

Thank you! I sure hope you’re right (and the issue is not fooling us again). I’d love to do something else than trying to make sense of this issue for a change.