Forever loading issue after Sim Update 6

Before the update I came to the point in which no solution worked 100% of the time, even in combination, and add-on airports of any complexity failed to load 80% of the times.

Since the update, it never happened again. Of course, this doesn’t mean it works for everyone, but it’s in the patch notes, so I guess that’s an indication that they’re pretty confident they have found and fixed the issue.

That sounds awesome, thanks! :slight_smile:

Yesterday I had (intentionally) summoned the unholy ghosts of the zombie airports enough that I could reverse the test - instead of the 3rd-party content I used to aggravate the issue, I disabled all “bespoke” airports that came with the DL and Premium DL versions and that cured the issue as well, Just to prove it’s the amount and constellation of any airports, not their origin.

I will now lean back and look forward to Thursday.

2 Likes

that is really good news thank you so much for update this issue has become unbrearble for us

1 Like

This fixed the issue for me, haven’t had it since.

As consumers, we should not have to do all that.

I agree, but if it’s not then, if you willing, it’s up to you to get it working in the meantime.

I don’t know why before SU6 I used to spawn in airports with 2 or more addons like flytampa Sydney and ORBX Sydney. But after SU6 I can only spawn in airport with one addon not with 2. I have a really nice pc as aswell(RTX 3070). Let’s hope It gets fixed in SU7.

Has anyone noticed the problem solved after SU7?

Given the weirdly jinxed and sometimes severely delayed nature of the issue I won’t give a final statement on that under a week, and a preliminary one not under 48 hours but it looks fixed so far. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can load in normally after SU7. In the release notes for the new GOTY update they had the line " * Fixed sim being stuck while loading the world data in rare cases". Might be they fixed the issue here.

Sometimes when you start fs, after it check some update, the screen keeps forever blur and wont load. As it happened to me in SU6.

I didn’t have the problem, but I did notice how much faster the game loads, and switches between menus, and loading into the flying situation.

Since updating to SU7 yesterday, I have run into this issue 3 times already (out of 7 or 8 launches.) The issue is definitely present and not resolved entirely.

For me fixed after su7

2 Likes

yeah seem to have fixed in sim update 7 loaded fine in Heathrow and other big airports.

2 Likes

fixed for me too

2 Likes

fixed it for me too. All the handcrafted airports, like the ones in the US, work now.

All my payware i got to work before already. So this certain bug, for me at least, is fixed.

1 Like

Well, this issue seems to have been resolved for me with this latest patch. The flight I kept trying to do before that would always hang upon loading, I was able to load and complete today without issue. Have not had any hangs when first loading the game either. My entire session today, beginning to end, was smooth with no hiccups. Glad I can finally do my occasional casual GA flights again.

1 Like

So far it has been good on my end. Prior to this it was a hit or miss.

1 Like

This issue is still occurring for me. I’m unable to load into KDFW,KSDF AND KBTV. All west coast airports are fine but anything east of texas does not load at all. CPU and network usage drops to zero and the blue bar just sits at 75%