France's border with Spain Wow!

The country side along the Pyrenees is spectacular!

14 VFR Lourdes-Pyrenees (LFBT) to Rivesaltes (LFMP).pln (1.8 KB)

4 Likes

Agreed, I normally fly in the US since it’s more familiar but decided to check out some of France last night. Picked LFHR as a random grass strip to start from and followed the river westward. Both the scenery and elevation model in this area are excellent, just a great low level VFR sightseeing experience.

2 Likes

We’ve said that for quite a few months now :slight_smile:

It’s good that some people realize that France is more than just Paris. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well, if it’s any consolation, the United Kingdom has exactly the same issue with the “Principality of London”.

2 Likes

With a decent wind from the right direction, the Pyrenees are excellent for ridge soaring (e.g. in this). You should be able to fly from one end to the other.

2 Likes

thanks for the tip on the sailplane.

I’m Living there and I can confirm, Asobo made a great work on Pyrenees :smiley:

it’s the same everywhere.

I live in Cologne, all that people come here for is the dome and carneval parties.

Why I live here though is the nature along the river

4 Likes

The new DEM for the whole of France has made a big difference. The Alps and Pyrenees now look especially good.

1 Like

I have LFHA for sale in FSEconomy at v$93k and it’s just 12 miles from LFHR. Not been since the update and may take it back off sale if it’s improved again. France was really good before the update and a few countries are easilly accessed not too far from France too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.