Free online utility for converting FlightRadar24 CSV exports to PLN flight plans for MSFS

Track to Plan is an online utility for converting downloaded FlightRadar24 tracks into PLN format flight plans for MSFS and other sims and planning tools (e.g. Little Nav Map). Note that FR24 requires a subscription for the downloads feature (or for you to be a data contributor).

It’s very simple to use: just drag and drop the downloaded CSV from FlightRadar24 for a real world flight, and you’ll be able to download a flight plan with the waypoints from the track converted into user waypoints in the flight plan, including altitudes.

I like recreating real-world flights - particularly the shorter turboprop ones down here in New Zealand or in equatorial island groups. MSFS’s planning tool is good, but it often doesn’t capture what the airlines really get up to - particularly on shorter turboprop flights. Track to Plan works perfectly for those.

You can find it here https://track2plan.apps.cronin.nz/

The full story of creating it is on Medium here.

1 Like

Interesting… deciphering a flight track to create a flight plan with waypoints, user waypoints. It sounds like there would be no SID, STAR, or approach information, just the waypoints.

There is a feature in MSFS Live Traffic that will create a flight plan when selecting a green aircraft on the World Map or selecting from arrivals/departures board at an airport. This assumes Live traffic is working and enabled. The created flight plan only has the departure and destination airports but other information such as the SID, STAR, and approach can be added in the World Map. Or fly direct as a VFR flight. No FlightRadar24 subscription needed.

2 Likes

It was partly frustration with the live flights feature that led me to this one. The MSFS feature works OK for major line routes, but it doesn’t seem to include any third level airlines - minor routes - which are the ones I’m usually interested in flying.

On the approaches - MSFS seems to add these (not the actual ones flown from the plan) when it imports the PLN. If I import one of the conversions, I find I’m flying IFR and ATC assign a VOR or RNAV approach as I near the airport.

Hi this is great but any idea if the opposite is possible? .pln to .csv? thanks