[Free/Professional] Merril C. Meigs Field (KCGX) - Meigs is back! [Reference]

When can we expect the update to fix the issues mentioned? This was my #1 addon that I’ve been waiting for so thank you very much!

Haha, that’s SO right! Actually one of the very firsts I did in MSFS (went from MDW). Just like FS98 times. Superb. :star_struck:

To the creator: Thanks so much for reviving this probably “most” iconic airfield ever in the FS world!

3 Likes

When it’s done… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

There you go with Version 1.1

Let me know your thoughts!

Going to try this out tonight. MSFS isn’t the same without Meigs. Lots of hours in 2.0 on my 8088 back in the day.

2 Likes

Thank you SO much for this. I loved it back in 1984 in Sublocic’s FSII.
Where can I download the latest update from?
Thanks again,

2 Likes

Download link in the first post! Just download and replace the previous version. Enjoy it!

Can you change the photogeometric boats into better looking boats? :slight_smile:

Version 1.1 is good. Still having the “rough ground” issue and papi lights on both sides of the runway but besides that all great!! Good job!

Afaik the broken boats were already reported in zendesk and in the bug forum.
So the devs should pick it up and fix it in the not too far future.

Thank you for the new version!
I had a quick look at it and these findings:

• the two windsocks on the runway and near the east-side apron need to be removed
  • the five holding position markings still need to be moved to the middle of the access ramps
  • the black squares on the apron are missing :wink:

But most important, there are now PAPI lights to both sides of the runway.
KCGX had no PAPI but VASI lights and they were only on the left side of Rwy36 and further down the runway.
Explanation of VASI is avail. here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_approach_slope_indicator

For the position of the VASI and the holds i attach a picture:

2 Likes

Thnx for this great addon,

will download and support for sure, also will now think as from FS4 times to take flight to Midway-Greater Kankakee-Champaign Willard and back to O’hare as in old times as great long trip :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You are totally correct. Many people asked for PAPI lights and thought they were supposed to be there despite I didn’t spot them in the reference pictures… and thought that those VASI were taxyway signals :joy: I’ll update this for 1.1.1 soon in the coming days

1 Like

Thnx for great work!

Support sent…

1 Like

Many thanks!!

@WizardArrow1555 … Love the KCGX add-on :slight_smile:
Just ran a long overland circuit in the DA62 out of Meigs at sunrise. Here’s a picture or two

3 Likes

Beautiful Captures! Glad you are enjoying it!

Thanks! Did you know that the wheels kick up “dust” on the taxiways and runways. Seems like the planes still think they are on grass or dirt instead of the tarmac or concrete.

2 Likes

Yes. It’s a known issue. I’m trying to find a solution but I’m afraid it’s a limitation of the actual SDK (other developers have reported similar issues). In case the latter, we would have to wait until an updated version of the SDK is released

1 Like

Version 1.2

• Corrected VASI to reflect historical accuracy (one VASI 21 on left of Rwy 36).
  • Applied historically accurate runway markings.
  • Removed unhistorical windsocks.

Coming next:

• Custom scenery for the harbour and remake/replacement of stock photogrammetry boats :wink:

Let me know in case you find any issues (other the already reported ones).

Enjoy!!

3 Likes