Freedom Fox (Trent Palmer's Kitfox) by developer Parallel 42

sorry - I was really making ( or trying to make ) a general point and not one directly at you. Of course we know the process is time consuming and involved - more so than for FSX. I just think it would help all of us, myself included, to see an example of a comparison between the actual work flow or task lists. Anything to help us all, myself included, be more patient.

Yeah, take your time, guys. Donā€™t release stuff that isnā€™t ready - we have had way too much of it already. The few developers who finish their stuff and take pride in their stuff are the ones who stand tall above the rest - and there is SO much junk out there already. Not that Iā€™d expect you guys to ever release junk. :wink:

3 Likes

Iā€™m really pleased to hear that this hasnā€™t been dropped and that work is still going on to bring us the best version possible :grinning:

I think a lot of the worry is simply as it did look like was nearly ready for release from the previous videos and then radio silence often isnā€™t a good sign so itā€™s great to hear we shall still be getting your rendition of the Freedom Fox!

1 Like

Often times, the quietest ones are the most active!

//k

4 Likes

Just give us a new pic every month :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hereā€™s one!
Keep in mind that this is still a WIP and that the model/livery can still change.

//k

6 Likes

What is the rough estimation for the release? I mean rough like ā€œwe hope this yearā€, Q1 2022, etc.

Itā€™s very difficult to predict as this is our first aircraft and weā€™re still learning a lot from it.

We really want to have it out by the end of next month (December 2021) but my experience in this industry tells me not to bet on it. That being said, if itā€™s not next month, it wonā€™t be too long after.

Also of note, one of the major changes since the video was made is a full remodel of the wing to better match what Trent has on his aircraft. We really spent time analysing Trentā€™s aircraft and communicated with him frequently to front some of the changes made to the aircraft. The new wheel hubs and brake system is an example of that.

//k

9 Likes

Hmmm, nice, given the dates Iā€™ll ask Santa Claus to bring me one :wink:

If it comes some months latter no problem, we are used to delays in the game/simulation industry, and now with the covid also in other things !!! :slight_smile:

But give us a monthly pic to keep the hype up !!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

OOOH I want this plane so bad, looks incredible! Iā€™ve been checking for updatesā€¦ a lot. Glad itā€™s coming along and that it sounds like it will be a very well developed aircraft

Weā€™ve put his new unit in today.
Itā€™ll be incredible!

3 Likes

Thumping music aside, that model looks great. I hope it flys well. Is Trent happy with his avatar?

1 Like

Not much longer to wait :wink:

10 Likes

Iā€™d rather have it without Trent Palmerā€™s signature on the dashboard, that does not help the immersion it just reminds me that it isnā€™t the real thing. Surely he does not have his own signature on the dashboard of the real thing.

1 Like

Just take my money damnit!

Are we looking at a December release?

No, it has the Kitfox logo in its place, but that is most likely copyrighted, so not usable.

Iā€™d rather have nothing there then, the signature is a turn off for me.

You could always think of it like you bought a Kitfox and copied his design, met him and he signed your dash.

1 Like

I like the creative thinking there! Might work. Not a deal breaker for me but I would prefer they leave the signature out.

Yeah I understand where youā€™re coming from. Or maybe instead of Kitfox on the dash it could say Fitkoxā€¦ or maybe not. lol