Freelook with mouse causes controls to freeze after SU5

I find it very annoying in every stage of taxing and flying.
My set up is left hand on the joystick and right hand on throttle quadrant/mouse.
Now picture flying a traffic pattern where you constantly check your speed and altitude while you turn left your view to check your position in relation to the runway.
For me the sim has been not flyable since SU5 due to this.
I will come back every 3/6 months to check if this issue is gone.
This and the glitch of the horizon line.
Take your time Asobo.

4 Likes

guys we shifted from #12 position to #20 in the bug fix wishlistā€¦

5 Likes

Itā€™s regrettable to understand that a game-breaking bug itā€™s not crucial for users.
After reading the bugs priority list, I think only a tiny percentage of userbase are simmers.

2 Likes

You have to understand that people use their sim in different ways. For example, I use a head tracker now, so this issue never even becomes an issue.

But even before that I worked around it. Many of the issues above this donā€™t have any kind of workaround.

1 Like

As hobanagerik pointed out there a bugs that donā€™t have a workaround. The day it gets fixed Iā€™ll use it again but there is a lot of simmers that wonā€™t bother coming to the forum and pass the verification process to vote (as dumb as it may sounds). since it was broken Iā€™ve been using the workaround and gotta say I can live with that and it forced me to discover Smart Camera wich is actually WAY BETTER than panning around while hand flying. It makes you point your view at the active runway threshold wich is just :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: when you are doing handpattern. The only moment I use my mouse to pan around is when iā€™m not flying in manual.

3 Likes

@PILOTOWAWAWA Clown tacos? Tacos de payaso? Because youā€™re being so funny :clown_face:

I am just trying for the mods to come and notice this bug. So clearly they can notice my comment being off topic, but still no acknolwedgement in even the developer vlogs. Soā€¦ yeah, I am being a clown, for thinking we will get a concrete answer for this bug.

1 Like

Ah, right! I thought you meant to say this bug is as unimportant as letting everyone know what you had for dinnerā€¦

Anyway, itā€™s annoying to me too that this isnā€™t solved in almost 2 yearsā€™ time.

1 Like

The bug is logged. From this point thereā€™s nothing more that can be done from this end.

6 Likes

Well, I got what I asked for.

Saw on todays development update that this bug seemingly is fixed as of SU12. I havenā€™t been able to test this yet but is this true?

2 Likes

It isnā€™tā€¦perhaps SU_12 (written in the blod) is another Update than SU12?

4 Likes

No itā€™s not working

3 Likes

Nope. Not fixed for me after SU12.

5 Likes

Just chiming in, not fixed on my end either. Itā€™s now, what? the 2nd or 3rd time that the devs mentioned this is fixed when it very clearly isnā€™t. And weā€™re closing in on the two year anniversary of this thread. This is depressing.

6 Likes

Still not fixed. Almost 2 years now.

4 Likes

Why are they saying this is fixed? Like seriously? Now weā€™re just pretending itā€™s fixed in the development update?

9 Likes

Screenshot (98)

This, I repeat, Has not been fixed.

Very Confused

16 Likes

This BUG ITā€™S NOT FIXED!!!. Asobo, fix this!!! Itā€™s very annoying

12 Likes

Re-opened for new feedback!