Freelook with mouse causes controls to freeze after SU5

Business or not, in the end it is a crucial feature breaking the functionality. Are there no people looking around while flying then? Strange…

5 Likes

I have the same issue and it’s driving me nuts. Resorted to buying a quest 2 vr headset and not much better. Suns performance is truly shocking

Still applies since SU5. I`m already sort of living with it. its only in cockpit view. in exterior my axis dont lock up

1 Like

So i remember, unless it was a dream, that either SU9 or 10 fixed the issue with mouse look, i remember jumping in the sim and getting super excited because i was able to look around with my mouse while flying!
But then in a subsequent “patch” it was broken again.

I feel like they see it like this, an Xbox doesnt have a mouse, so why fix that isnt effecting our current targeted consumer.

Although, it is meant to be a simulator, and I guess in real life, you cant move your arms and legs if your moving your head around looking… right? What pilot would ever want to look where they are turning…

1 Like

Its shocking that after so many replies and time this issue still exists, its not a super complicated issue for the devs to fix…

4 Likes

Considering it worked so well before…

3 Likes

6 updates and still no fix…

7 Likes

This is incredibly frustrating, and to find out this has been a known issue for over five or so updates is annoying. Can we at least get comms as to why this isn’t something they’ve decided to address so that we know whether or not it’s worth fighting for, especially if the devs aren’t interested in fixing this?

4 Likes

No offence to anything good reported here,

if I fly now with my yoke and want also look to direction, it is not big problem to me. Simply I can’t imagine to manipulate with mouse as look outside, to direction and also do fly controls change. I use HAT view on my yoke and really till this time never have some feeling about freezed controls, yes with mouse is this clear but to do all things with mouse look, uuuuf this is also big work to me heh Simply my situation, my hands are on all controls - yoke and throttle in case of some procedure expected to do and mouse is outside of my control in this time. HAT is simply my look solution to be with all controls and also view option.

It became less of an issue for me since I got a Tobii 5 head tracker. I went from being unconvinced it would be any good to I refuse to fly without it in the space of 5 minutes.

Have been struggling with this bug since SU5 and I am feeling very disappointed that such a ‘simple’ bug is persistent for so long.

It would mean a lot if the devs could change the behaviour and fix up this problem.

4 Likes

It means devs don’t use the Sim or are not simmers (don’t know what’s worse)

6 Likes

Still no fix in 1.30.12.0

3 Likes

Doesn’t look like we will get this bug resolved in SU12 - Sim Update 12 Beta Release Notes [1.31.18.0] but we can only hope.

3 Likes

Nope, maybe by SU20?

5 Likes

I had a panini for lunch today.

2 Likes

FIX THIS omg its been a year and a half

6 Likes

maybe in 2025.

1 Like

I’ve been away for almost 6 months now, and today I tried to check if this problem had been fixed.

Nothing.

See you in 2024

Still not fixed in SU12. This is really annoying when using RMB+mouse to look around while taxiing and suddenly the rudder/steering is stuck as long as the RMB is pressed.

2 Likes