Freelook with mouse SERIOUSLY broken since Update

Mybe we are having a different problem I can imagine framing something perfectly with 4 switches on the joystick with 4 buttons is very imprecise.

???

There is also another another issue.
When moving your head up or downlef right back forward in the cockpit with keyboard assigned keys
Translate view its WAY TOOOO FAST. how can you set a perfect :ok_hand: view like this to save it as a custom view?

This is another request for Asobo.
Make this only 10 percent as fast.
Or add a translate view fast
And translate view slow option to be assigned.
It took me forever to get my custom views right before saving them. This translate view is moving wayyyy to fast.

Hard to get your head positioned at the PERFECT spot. In cockpit view.

Well, The problem persists… before the actualization, the movement inside the cockpit with the mouse was soft and continuous…without any cut or acceleration. In some situations, it goes better and I’ve thought that it was a FPS situation but not… the problem is embedded in the software itself… someone has found a solution to the mouse problem?

Thnks

Buy trackir, no need for mouselook and you get better immersion.

hello all,

Have the same problem for about 2 weeks from now, it did not appears after an update but simply from one day to the next…leave FS2020 after a flight over…some nice place on our marvellous planet, looking around from inside and outside the aircraft wih the mouse (right button pressed down and maintened). launch the FS2020 the next day, the freeview was gone and I could not recover it since…having to look around in the cockpit with (shift 4, 2,8,6) to check instruments or set the mixture or so, far from convenient. and far worst, when outside the aircraft, a vary poor (cntrl +arrows) to look around right left and rear… :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

This is not the same problem.

For us all freelook is working. Just not precisely anymore as before.
Before the view would change ever so slightly with ever so slightly mouse movements. Just like the mouse arrow. Now you need to move the mouse quite a bit for the view to start moving also. But then it’s TOO big of a moment. This makes it almost IMPOSSIBLE to frame something precisely.

And this is BROKEN since the first official VR update.

1 Like

It may not be the same problem, but the control is gone anyway and It make all the pleasure of visual flight to be gone too… As far as I understood, the VFR with nice sightseing on our nice planet was the main advertising theme from Microsoft, wasn’t it ? So doing VFR without a simple and easy to command in and outside aircraft view is nt in the deal anymore…
I mean I had to built a new computer, spending almost a thousand euros just to get an “average” configuration and the main interest of the simulator is gone away until some in Asobo will notice our trouble. The good situation for me would be to have some of the moderators of this (these ) forums to transfer to Asobo rhis kind of questions rather than telling… hey, guys, this question is not in the right place… and forget about telling endesk about it, this is the best way to get no answer !
Hum, afte this I may be tagged as a bad boy…

Since the penultimate update, I can no longer control the camera views with the mouse and I can no longer save the cockpit views! What can i do?

Brief description of the issue:
When I try to use the freelook camera in the cockpit or in the exterior it doesn’t rotate, but if I connect to this PC remotely from my second PC I can rotate it.

Additional info:
When the game was released the camera worked fine, but 1-2 month ago it stoped working.

Some photos of my camera config:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
While in the cockpit or exterior view press once the middle button or hold the rigth button of the mouse and move it. Now the freelook camera is enabled but not moving

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Intel i5 9600k 3.7GHz
16 GB of RAM
GTX 1660 super
SSD 480GB

Mine moves in Freelook with:

• Click the center wheel lock it to Freelook. Slide the mouse and
    the look changes. Click it to leave Freelook.

• Holding the right button down and slide the mouse. The Look changes.

Check your mouse assignments in Options Controls Mouse.

@Adonis1932 & @MSFSRonS : The issue being discussed in this thread is regarding the “signal filtering” when using freelook, when moving the mouse very slow, the camera doesn’t move at all. But when moving faster than a certain threshold, the camera now moves.
This results in some very “jagged” movement when moving the camera slowly close to this speed-threshold.

1 Like

Sorry. I thought I sent the reply to this thread:

1 Like

This issue has existed in the sim since the beginning. It’s very annoying. Small adjustments are not possible as the sim does not respond to small mouse movements.

2 Likes

No worries at all, drop a vote while you’re here :smiley:

Done … … … … … … …
Not enough characters

hello,
in the beginning, the free look was working fine with your second statement.
This is now gone for almost 3 weeks from now, Itried 3 differents mouses (2 with bluetoooth and one old style-wired), same situation. the feature diseapeared from one day to the next without any modification in mouse settings in or outside FS2020.
Since I tried several mouse setting within FS2020, with no change and adversely to our others complainers, whatever the speed of my movement of the mouse , the free look stay absolutely steady…

They introduced some kind of a deadzone to the mouselook when they implemented VR.
And that deadzone just makes it impossible to adjust the view precisely with the mouse since then.
Its that easy.

I’ve noticed after VR, zoomed in/out too far from a ‘goldilocks’ zone, the visual goes fishbowl. And it’s sounding like the mouse is behaving as the fishbowl (aka parabolic planes), not flat (aka XY cartesian plane). It doesn’t matter if it’s inside or outside the cockpit.
I might have to dig into the settings to see about canceling the fishbowl.

*I say fishbowl because as you pan left and right, the pan moves a lot of the displayed plane/scenery, as if stuck inside a fish bowl and the rotation point is no longer at the center.

Thank you for the help but this doesn’t work for me. Tried to config all like the post but is the same as the start, need to slide the mouse from side to side of the desk in less than half second to be able to move the camera 1 pixel, it’s not viable.

Mouselook at release:

Mouselook in 1.14.6.0

1 Like

I have a video shot on August 20th, 2 days after its official release, and it shows that jerking movement of the camera that we see now. The jerking occurs because the mouse has to be moving at a certain speed before the camera will move at all, and when it does it moves it at the faster speed you had to get it to in the first place. But it’s not a new problem by any means.