[Freeware] EDDS Stuttgart Airport Work in Progress (Missing Airport) Community Project

Hi MittelJupiter91
Yes, it’s flickering. That’s a known issue and will be fixed on final. Also i will try to reduce the polys.
There is still a lot of buildings and details missing on the terminal. But for now im on other bulidings for EDDS (right now i do the tower), to get some distance to this huge terminal project. I will fix the terminal at the end or at least when some other buildings are done.

Thank you for testing.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Will be fixed ASAP

Thank you. Everything you mentioned has been added to trello. We will implement your suggestions at a given point, your feedback helps a lot!

1 Like

Tower Preview #1
Progress right now. (I know, not to much, but train of developement is running)

10 Likes

holy makkaroni, that is awesome !

1 Like

I have some corrections to make with my previous piece of XML that I shared. The headings are swapped around and need to be in the same heading as the approach (runway) heading. So 74.02 for ILS runway 7 and 254.02 for runway 25

However, it is also possible to move the <Ils>...</Ils> portion inside the runway definition, this way the ILS localizers will have their runway flag set. Also, it is possible to add DME so you see a range once locked on the signal of ILS.

<Runway>
    <Vasi end="PRIMARY" ..."/>
    <Vasi end="SECONDARY" ..."/>
    <Ils lat="48.694756" lon="9.247711" alt="73.3F" heading="74.02" frequency="109.500" end="PRIMARY" magvar="0.0" ident="ISTE" width="5.0" name="ILS RWY 07" backCourse="TRUE">
        <GlideSlope lat="48.686375" lon="9.209886" alt="8.229M" pitch="3" />
        <Dme lat="48.686375" lon="9.209886" alt="108.229M" range="27.01N"/>
    </Ils>
    <Ils lat="48.683506" lon="9.188383" alt="66.6F" heading="254.02" frequency="109.900" end="SECONDARY" magvar="0.0" ident="ISTW" width="5.0" name="ILS RWY 25" backCourse="TRUE">
        <GlideSlope lat="48.692139" lon="9.240744" alt="8.229M" pitch="3" />
        <Dme lat="48.692139" lon="9.240744" alt="108.229M" range="27.01N"/>
    </Ils>
    <RunwayStart end="PRIMARY" .../>
    <RunwayStart end="SECONDARY" .../>
</Runway>

Make sure the ILS definition above is pasted between Vasi and RunwayStart or else it will not compile and give you an parse error saying something was not expected. Also, for you, make sure the end="PRIMARY" or end="SECONDARY" in the ILS definition is correct as I don’t know which runway you have assigned as primary/secondary.

1 Like

thanks a lot! join the discord if youd like, so i can grant you access to the github repo and trello page

Are you planning to flatten the whole airport? I’d advise against that, as the airport has a significant slope (around 1%, as I recall), which is a notable feature that would get lost by flattening it.

1 Like

Affirmative, I plan on maybe doing some terraforming to recreate the slope effect. Look at how bumpy the apron is at this point - if we do not flatten the whole thing, your neat little a320 will roll off the side

Ah, got it. That does sound as if it needs flattening!

Thanks, that worked. :+1:t2:

New version up, changelog:

FEEDBACK REQUESTS:

• Please test the ILS approach (dial in the corresponding frequency into your NAV-radios) and tell us whether the height of the glideslope is correct.

Update for ILS 25 coming later.

Thanks in advance!

Download via the link given in the main thread post

4 Likes

and special thanks to @Ocgineer. :+1:t2:

…work on the next Fix, stay tuned. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

For me, both GS on 07 and 25 are way off. On 07, the GS hits ground 5nm from the airport, near the town of “Schönaich”. The GS for ILS 25 hits the ground 5-6nm from the airport, near Esslingen-Berkheim. Maybe the vertical position is set to msl?

Wenare working on it rn, expect a fix.

Tower Scenery there.
Unzip in community folder.
Not flattend yet. Glas is flickering as it does on terminal. Don’t know why yet.
If somebody got a solution for this, join us on discord.
Download Scenery

4 Likes

How can I add the EDDS folder into my flight Simulator Directory?
I do not find the Installation Folder of the flight Simulator…

It’s the directory you gave to the sim the first time you started it, the directory where the 120gb download went.

The folder was not shown in my explorer - but it worked now. Great :slight_smile:

Expect big releases next week, terminal, tower and DHL storage buildings will be implemented properly!

5 Likes