Freeware Rotor Sim Pilot Robinson R44 Out Now

As they promised the RSP Robinson R44 is now up on Flightsim.to for people to download.

7 Likes

I realy miss flying helicopters.
Wish I could get them on marketplace for xbox x.

She’s a tricky little thing but it’s great fun!!

3 Likes

Awesome quality, not just for a freeware helicopter, and the developers say they are only 5% complete right now. Spent about an hour with the R44, feels really good, though I don’t have any real world comparison. At 100% realism it’s a hand full, but manageable. I’m sure RSP will post some tutorials on the finer points of the flight model and engine management.

1 Like

Sadly it’s difficult to see how anything like this (ie a plane using a completely external flight model) can ever be released for the XBox :frowning:

1 Like

Finally something I can compare a real life experience to! I did a discovery flight in a R-44 a couple years ago so I’m keen to see how this is. The fact that it has an external FM is encouraging since that’s what allows the Bell to work so well.

Erm … stupid question but how do I even get off the ground? is their a prop angle control somewhere as I can’t generate any lift?

You need to have the AirlandFS application running and you then increase throttle to increase collective and lift off

1 Like

Lol that explains a lot :smiley: thanks

I love it, many thanks Rotor Sim Pilot team. What an amazing job and completely free!

1 Like

Touchy little bugger, even at 20%. That’s not a complaint, just an observation. I’m sure that once I have my control sensitivities dialed in and some practice under my belt it will be better. Looking forward to what the future holds for it.

Did a test flight in it using the student pilot setting. Super fun, definitely a lil twitchy, took a bit of hovering around for awhile to get used to it.

Make sure you are running the AirlandFS program. Follow the instructions.

1 Like

What a fantastic addon! The flight dynamics are absolutely superb. It’s the first aircraft in the sim to have a decent representation of inertia on manual handling.

1 Like

Just doing my test flight now on 100% realism. This thing is legit and just as twitchy as when I did a discovery flight in one. Well done!

2 Likes

Probably won’t try, don’t like the fact it requires another piece of software to function. Just another thing to go wrong at the next msfs update.

2 Likes

i use bell47 almost from first version, is no problems with same soft with same functions + security(need connect to confirm license and found update if present)

1 Like

Its very nice but also challenging.

By the way, link to their discord https://discord.gg/wHgmsaVR , you can get support there

1 Like

Beautifully done, even at 5% of their development. Harder to fly than the H135 when comparing the simple modes of each. Yes, this one will take time to find the finesse in flying it. Well done to the team.

1 Like

It’s also a lot harder than the Bell 47 imo, challenging but also rewarding.