Freezing of Flight Loading

Hello ALL
I have just executed the command to delete the data that in the Cloud (data that are supposed to generate the “Freeze”).
This does not solve the problem and …; it deletes all your Joysticks / keybord settings, and it deletes all your flight log …
So, I am not happy at all!
Today, there were un update … let’s see if the problme has been solved (I have spent my current time (re) configuring my Joystick, Throttel and keyboard … It is enough for today.
Have a nice evening

Snap I did the same and I lost everything and it’s NOT solvecit , do not try it

for me it worked. I only must reconfigure my joystick. I dont had any achievements or protokols…

OK after many hours I believe i have found the cause of my issue .
It only seems to happen when i have Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS V2 (giast-ultra–Beta) in my community folder. I have now added / removed it 3 times and flights hang only when the folder is there.

Wondering if its a fire wall issue with getting the ship data but still investigating

3 Likes

So. The problem has been solved. I also reset the cloud data. Reset everything! All settings gone.
Then deleted all data from the community folder. No more crashes. Then everything back into the folder individually.
It was actually the Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS V2 (giast-ultra-beta). The sim runs without problems!
So Global AI Ship please get out of the folder. Unfortunately. Until there is an update.

2 Likes

glad someone else has come to the same conclusion - we are making progress !

Great - I will remove the addon , but it was supposed to be SU11 compatible …

yes this mod need a fix, because this is problem of frezze

I do wonder if it’s linked to this https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/global-ai-ship-traffic-msfs-v2-sim-hangs-up-when-flights-are-loading-in-png/536854

Will have a play tomorrow

Hello all
The problem is that one can not make comment on this ADDON to ask for support on Flightsim.to

I ask him and he answer:

“if you look in the same thread you will find a link to Avsim with a solution for those having issues. I am on business travel and no chance to look at this freeware project for the time being.”

but I dont see a link to Avsim :frowning:

beleive he is referring to this Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS - Page 73 - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

still looking for the magical cure !

try page 75 Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS - Page 75 - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

So, according to what is written in this topic of the AVSIM community … what are your conclusions ? Just to remeber that this issue happend just after SU11 for me - For Months, I have used the ADD-ON without any problem.
Regards

It appears to be people are be splitting the ships into area folded and use a add on linker . It also appears they are working on an update which is due soon, so I am doing nothing (ir leave folder removed) till after the update

That is what I will do too - nothing - and wait for a fix. I have read the AVSIM topic. Making a folder by « area » and installing this area just before the flight is cumbersome.
Have a nice day !

I can confirm this. No more freeze-problems after the (unfortunate) removal of GAIST. Thank you @SKWings and all others for sharing the information!

I confirm too !
Thank you for the fix
But what about the add-on fix itself ?
Some news about this Boat Ai traffic ?

Thank you! This resolved my issue of the freezing during the flight loading screen. Much appreciated for the work you did to solve this.

Hello all
I seems that there is a new version of this addon : Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS: GAIST Ultra Version 3.
It is available (as of today) in Fly Away Simulation @ AI Ships, Boats & Global Traffic for MSFS.
It is not availble in flight sim.to (as of today).
I can not test it reifhnt now (not home) - could someone try it ?
Thank you and happy new year !