Front view without cockpit

I GOT IT TO WORK!

Thank you Ducky!

I just tried it and can confirm, if you go into the model.cfg file for the aircraft you want, and put a ; before both the cockpit and exterior model.

Find the model.cfg file (in my case for the Pitt’s Special) here:
C:\Users\********\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_*************\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-pitts\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Pitts\model\model.cfg
In that file make both of these changes. Just commenting out the interior still leaves all the exterior pieces visibility, but with transparent interior pieces.
[models]
; exterior=Pitts.xml
; interior=Pitts_Interior.xml
Save it, launch, select the plane (you’ll notice the thumbnail for it is gone) and it indeed flies with no models for a wide open view! It’s pretty breathtaking on my 42" HDR TV I use for a monitor.

I did get a crash after finishing a flight, but started right back up with no issue.
A possible option for non destructive of the original files is to copy one of the livery folders and go into the configuration file, but I’d have to play with it to find all the correct settings for a new livery.

Here’s a quick video of it in action (sorry, no screencast, just filmed with my DSLR on my screen.)

4 Likes