FS 40th anniversary - what unannounced will be included?

My guesses are the dash 8 100 from Fsx and fs2004
And Cessna 150 (because there was one in the Smithsonian)

And Cessna 150 (because there was one in the Smithsonian)

There are already two versions of the Cessna 152, which is almost the same aircraft, in the sim.

We can rebuild him, we have the technology. Better, faster, stronger.

Looks like a crazy kitbash made from P-40s to F-4s…!

The shuttle Enterprise might be a good choice with some sort of a 747 launching system. That avoids needing to model orbital dynamics, reentry and rcs thrusters.

Just think about all the non functioning buttons a space shuttle will have!

I love playing KSC but I never got into the airplane building. I always stuck to rockets and space stations.

Perhaps a Cessna 182 RG. That was the default aircraft throughout the franchise history.

7 Likes

On the right track my friend. 177RG Cardinal

1 Like

An F86 Sabre would be nice.

1 Like

3 Likes

Is there some meme I’m not aware of about Robinson helicopters?

Yeah its that when they announced the helicopters in the game, they left out the robinson, its a basic starter helicopter for people…been in most of the sims Ive ever flown over the years…Personally not a fan, but the fact they didnt add one baffles me. ;p

I just want to quickly point out the interview Jörg Neumann had with twinfinite two days ago - he told over there that the official announcement does not tell the whole truth when it comes to what whatever will be included :wink: some quotes:

“Jorg Neumann: We’re also making some other stuff. The reason why I wrote the press release the way I did is that I think of this as a long-term relationship. The 310 is a good entry-level, obviously a slightly older plane, but it’s very complex, so if you really want to go deep into the systems, this is a good one to start with, and then we’ll announce more as we go[…]”

“Giuseppe: So there could be more planes and more content for the 40th-Anniversary Edition?”

“Jorg Neumann: Yeah, but I also want to be flexible. If you make too many plans, then, at some point, you’re not flexible anymore, which is not what we want. And then the four historical planes… there will be more than four.”

“Giuseppe: So there indeed is more content that you have not announced yet.”

“Jorg Neumann: There are some planes, there are some airports, and things that mean a lot to the… you know… just go back and think about what means something. There are planes that mean something; there may be some mission sets that mean something.”

“Giuseppe: Of course, you can’t tell everything yet.”

“Jorg Neumann: Actually, I don’t know! There are so many things going on. Not everything will make it on time. We want to make sure the quality is great, so we’ll see.”

Source: Microsoft Flight Simulator Interview - Jorg Neumann Discusses Free 40th Anniversary Edition & Future of the Sim

So there is still much room for speculation it seems :wink: if not everything was finished till November we gonna see it at some point in future likely :slight_smile:

Is it a car? Is it a plane? What is it? Whatsit!

Right then. What about Supercar? And Fireball XL5?

Aside from the R44 being kinda deadly, not really.

1 Like

Maybe, maybe not. It seems like the type of situation where people will expect additional unannounced aircraft, their minds will run wild with what they could be, and then will be disappointed and complain that all we got were ten free aircraft. It’s the same thing for Meigs right now. Every is talking about it like they’re anticipating it to be one of the historic airports without it being announced. They’re setting themselves up for disappointment. I made the same mistake with the top gun dlc - I was positive that it meant a carrier was coming to the world map that we could freely use. I was extremely excited for it. After that, I’ve realized to only expect what’s officially announced.

It’s fun to think about the possibilities for sure, but definitely a good idea to remember what’s officially announced.

1 Like

with the Beaver already on its way, there are only 3 aircaraft i still ‘really’ want
only one would possibly be in this update as a ‘suprise’
that being the Bell 47, its just such an icon to me

the other 2 if anyone was interested are the
Grumman G-44 Widgeon (the goose’ little brother)
de Havilland Canada DHC-3 Otter (the single engine otter)

The old FSX tower view , HUD only. Full forward view without instruments, and fly by view.
It would be nice if they implemented this in the 40 year update…

2 Likes

Sure, anyway - and that’s the deal with everything about this flight sim - there is much in the works since years which just not was finished by now.

In the article I quoted they also talked about carriers and free flight - these are likely to come at a later point because of priorities.

Things may or may not come, nothing is set in stone but still guessing and questioning should be welcome knowing that even Jörg sometimes is taking a look at the forums - incognito and not often for sure, but it could at least be some inspiration for him and the team to scroll through a friendly discussion about “maybes” even if these arrive later :wink:

1 Like

I hope they will solve the various autopilot bugs, fix the faulty ILS glide slopes ending up in front of the runway or leveling off above ground level. Fix the hideous stall / spin dynamics on the C172 with the new CFD model. Fix camera shake so that when camera shake is selected off this will result in a perfectly still image. Realistic icing visuals instead of this gamey effect. Fix the ATIS to include correct visibility (in meters / kilometers in Europe), dewpoint correctly reported and wind in kts instead of ft/sec. On that note the wind speed in weather menu in kts instead of km/h and same in the weather menu when using metric or hybrid units. Fixing the jumping fuel and payload sliders in the weight and balance menu when using metric or hybrid units. Get rid of the stupid reduced control surface deflection as a function of speed or at least make it such that the aircraft can be pulled into an accelerated stall instead of looping end over end. Fix the cliff at Stockholm Arlanda airport. Those are some of my wishes for this 40 year stuff rather than new content.