FS Economy in Marketplace for Xbox?

Just to Know how many think that its possible?

1 Like

Hello,
The SDK category is for people building scenery and aircraft. I moved your post into Third Party Addon Discussion.

It probably isn’t.

The problem is to run FSEconomy it installs a python script that monitors what you are doing, so if you set up a flight from EGSA to EGSB say, it checks you take off from EGSA and lands at EGSB. It is unlikely that this would be allowed to run on an XBox (for piracy reasons companies limit what you can install)

It is an interesting general problem because almost all the VAs work in a similar way, there’s a standard called ACARS where they monitor what you are doing. The annoying thing is many used to have an honour system - if you said you’d flown EGLL → EDDM you could enter it manually, but people apparently abused it just so they could get a high rank. There’s a couple that don’t require actual flight monitoring, but not many.

The other problem is VATSIM, which could be added to XBox and provides live group flights and ATC.

Nobody has really considered it until last week when you XBoxers all joined us (and welcome you are :slight_smile: ) because we all had PCs so we could install ACARS and VATSIM and IVAO and JoinFS (like the online flying on MSFS but includes FSX, P3D and X-Plane) and so on.

I don’t know if the protocol for the MSFS servers is public, or if you can download a “state of play” - there’s a URL that if you access it will give you every plane flying VATSIM from the server and its current state, but if something like this did happen, then VAs could check that XBoxers who want to join them this way.

1 Like

I use OnAir which does indeed also have an installed component on the PC running the sim but are there not any economy plug in’s that could make use of sim-connect over a network only without an installed server app?

I’m guessing that network access to an instance of FS2020 on a console would be much easier to achieve than an additional application install.

At the moment do we even know if the XB version includes SimConnect ?

1 Like

No, we don’t at present. :-/

I also use OnAir. Logged plenty of time on it on the PC version but once the XB version came along, I found myself enjoying the bigger screen and sitting in my recliner to play - even got my HOTAS working on console so it’s almost perfect.

Since OA can’t connect via console, I ended up just selecting a flight for my AI pilot to fly in OA and I load up the same flight in MSFS on the Xbox and fly it myself there. It’s not the same experience entirely, but it works for what I want.

Hopefully we’ll see some integration into consoles for these economy programs in the future.

4 Likes

Hmm… your solution seems interesting, using the IA pilot. Since I’ve used FSEconomy the most, I’m not too familiar with OnAir. Will look into it.

That’s an interesting idea using the AI pilot and then flying the mission yourself. I’m in the same boat as all the other Xboxers. I would love to get in on some of that economy action!

For Xbox, the economy mode has to be native at this time. And I hope Xbox players will flood this forum with such requests. This game is oriented heavily toward VFR flying but doesn’t have even basic GA airplane owner mode. It sucks. Find a request for career mode and vote. Ask your friend players to vote. Only mass votes can bring the economy to the MSFS.

5 Likes

Yes, they really do need some type of career mode for Xbox users, does anyone know if there’s anything planned or is there anything out now?

2 Likes

This is not impossible at all. Look at Elite dangerous. There is a webpage that you can connect to your xbox user account. If I for exemplet in Elite dangerous do some trading and I have 1 million Credit. When I sell som stuff when tradig, I get 1 million plus. Now I have 2 million. It is all on the webpage, uppdated accordingly. It even says on the webpage, what station i docked to and 4he system i am in.

3 Likes

I was having this discussion with a head of a fly group who just started his own FSEconomy group.
Where can we go to vote on this?

It has been found here:

1 Like

I would love to see some economy apps for xbox , ive gone about as real as i can on my console with a turtle beach velocity yoke and pedals but now i need something to do… i currently role play a made up cargo company by flying routes in a DC6 and keeping log of the fictional cargo and routes ive taken an for whom but its a bit sad and not as realistic as i would like…