FS Realistic was just released

I will try this and post back. It may be a little while because I’ll have to wait for it to happen again.

When it happens to me, if I Alt+Tab to the FSRealistic window, I can then control the mouse. See if that works.

1 Like

I went back to 2.04 as that one was working well for me.

You can either alt tab like suggested above, however, you can also find a file at data/confit.json, which includes a key called “first_person_toggle”, you can delete it with its value. Yet, in case you don’t have experience with json files this may create other issues. All and all, you can also delete this file and FSR will recreate it, however this means your settings will be gone (not profiles, only settings)

Hi, I’m seeing the same issue, as soon as I mouse click select (I don’t get the opportunity to actually select a desired key) it starts the cycle…… must be linked to the initial mouse click. To clear I have to time the select clear button (which takes some doing). No experience with manipulating file unfortunately

@RoyKro Request … Something that would be great is if you guys could figure out how to add an effect for sun glasses when in first person mode and in cockpit mode. It is so easy to turn on/off effects in FSR, your tool would be the perfect one for doing this.

OpenXR toolkit has this option

Unfortunately I am flat screen only…

1 Like

I had the same problem with it auto assigning a key and then it kept looping back and forth.

Followed the above steps to locate the .json file to then find out what was being assigned to the first person toiggle and found it was assigning my Honeycomb Alpha.

I disconnected the Alpha, redid the key assignment and then plugged back in the Alpha and all works perfectly now.

Although, I now see the grainy image quality as also mentioend so I need to find a fix for that.

Thank You for the help on the 1st issue :slight_smile:

Lately I have realized that the sounds of landing feedback and landing applause are not working. Someone with the same problem?

4 Likes

I have noticed. I just doubled checked and it is not in my disabled list.

1 Like

Already sent an email to FSR team, but no answer yet

They are pretty responsive. If it is broken, they will fix it pretty quickly.

I had also been wondering about this. I thought the lack of landing feedback might be due to my improved landings - seems not :rofl:

4 Likes

By “feedback” you mean the dude talking to you?

Now you mention it yes, I have not been getting that.

I wonder if anything else isn’t working. With the more advanced planes releasing now with their own additional sounds for wind, roll, rattles etc it’s harder to know what is coming from where now, I think!

I also noticed that the toilet sounds don’t work when they are turned on. In the past, you could always hear it after certain times.

Same here.

Yeah I noticed the audio pretty much not working. I’m on the next sim update beta though so maybe its to be expected that third party things stop working.

Same here. Not a peep from the guy. Everything else seems to work, but no landing feedback comment anymore.

The settings should be correct:

I have landing applause disabled, but the sliders for Good and Bad Landing Feedback set to the default of 50 percent.

I just checked, the landing applause doesn’t work either, even when I enable it. It’s as if that particular feature doesn’t recognize landings as landings anymore. FSRealistic still does the touchdown and braking effects, though.

That’s the one - I generally get a bit of sarcasm on landing…