FS stuck on loading screen, when returning to main menu

hey guys,
when I go back to main menu after a flight, MSFS 2020 stuck every time on loading screen. The loading bar goes to 100% and then nothing happens. The tipps are still changing. If i have developer mode on I also can do something in the developer mode, but it wont go back to main menu, even after an hour it still stuck. If I close the game via x of the FS window i cant see the game, but hear the ingame sound. In task manager I cant see a process running. in the audiomixer its still there. Steam shows the game also as running, so I cant open it again or any other game. After a reboot I can start the game without problems, I can do everything, hangar, options, flying… but if I want to go back to main menu after flying I got the same problem every thime.

I already reinstalled the game
I completely cleaned the community folder so no mods are installed
every driver is up to date, also as windows
bevore today the game runs perfect

I hope somebody can help me

1 Like

Please check your DMs

Hi I’ve just started having this same issue. Did you manage to fix this?

I also have the same problem recently, any advice on a possible solution?

I have the same problem. No solution yet!

I have the exact same problem. It is very annoying to have to restart the sim after every flight because it takes ages to load.

Just started happening to me too after the update yesterday. Any updates anyone? :slight_smile:

DMs? seniors moment, not sure what that means. :slight_smile:

Just started happening for me as well. Any solutions?

I got this issue sometimes. Once in a month maybe. Today too of course.

I have the feeling the problem is getting worse in the last days. Now it gets stuck almost everytime I try to return to the main menu.

DM stands for direct message; the screenshot above shows where you can find them.
I sent one to the topic author some time ago regarding looking into the issue, was going to check, not sure if if it was resolved for the topic author.

Just started happening to me today. Its been fine up until now - any advice?

Did this ever get resolved, its happening to mine now after the latest update?

Nope, even got worse for me. Gets stuck after every flight now. Have to restart the sim everytime. Really annoying.

I managed to fix mine by updating windows and making sure it was all updated. Seems to be working fine. Makesure you havnt got any window updates you havnt installed

same problem, allmost every time now… it was sometimes before.

SIM was working fine before this ■■■■ update, now it gets stuck on the loading screen. No addons that aren’t compatible in community. This is disgusting for some. I hardly play this thing anymore.

yep they screwed this one up good. And they knew about it for weeks because the bug was in the beta. The problem is the majority of users are not having this problem.