FS2020 does not start

Does anything happen when you try to start?

In the MS Store app, click on “Library” (on the bottom left) then click on “Get Updates”.

There were 3 updates in the past few days:

1. MS Store app
  2. Gaming Services
  3. Xbox App

Clicking on the FS icon sends me to the Microsoft Store and from there I don’t see how to start FS2020.

Yes, I have already done this. I have everything updated.

In UPDATES > APPLICATIONS > MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR, it stays in the LOADING
 state for a long time. When this state disappears I continue without being able to start FS.

When it takes you to the MS Store (and I think this what @TheSevenflyer was asking) is what the MS Store is displaying? Is there an error?

Do you know if your MS Store has downloaded in the past few days the items I listed above? In particular, I have put in RED:

You posted about reinstalling - I’m fearful that if the Store isn’t downloading items needed, it may fail to reinstall MSFS. So I would hold off on reinstalling just yet. :wink:

1 Like

No, there is no error. On the left hand side of the screen that pops up there is “Game Services” and under it Microsoft Corporation in blue which can be accessed. And on the right side there is a large blank space with the title “Screenshots”. At the bottom there is “Ratings and reviews”. Nothing more.
Yes, I have the three applications that you mark in red installed.

Can you post a screenshot of that? Is it asking to download “Gaming Services”?

1 Like

One thing: I have looked at PROPERTIES of the FS access icon and in “Target type” and “Target” it says “Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App” and nothing else. Is this correct?

That would be the correct target. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you ever installed the “Google Map Replacement” mod?

This is the screen that appears after clicking on the FS2020 icon.

Gaming services needs an update.
There are several topics on this in Bugs & Issues:
Search results for ‘gaming services #bugs-and-issues’ - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

Hi @PrincessTax1295,
Were you able to resolve this?

I am unable to reinstall MSFS.
I run MS Store, select MSFS, transfer me to Xbox, click “Install”, the “Installation progress” window appears and 
 nothing happens. It’s still 0%

Please help.
MSFS has been in operation until today. The program could not be started today.
So I tried uninstalling and want to try reinstalling.
But I can not.

Please help.

Hi @ElevenTB,
Assure Windows and the MS Store is current on updates by manually checking updates on both. If any updates, restart your device.

Then download the Xbox app if you haven’t already. When installing or reinstalling, it must be done via the Xbox app. For updates, you can use the MS Store.

All the above assumes you have the MS Store version of MSFS.

Yes, of course, I checked for updates.
Worse yet, I deleted the Xbox app and now even that app won’t install. I am going crazy.
And yes, I have MSFS from MS Store.

Have you tried clearing the MS Store cache using the wsreset.exe? Number 3 on this page https://windowsreport.com/xbox-app-windows-10-wont-open

Yes. I have done this before.

This is crazy.
I’m trying to download the Xbox app directly from the website:

and also the installation freezes after a few moments