FSDreamTeam GSX for MSFS

Wondered if anyone had a typical order of ordering ground services and boarding for the Fenix A320? Eg Is it call Stairs/Jetway and Catering both together then order crew boarding and fuel truck together, then order pax boarding. Then fuel the aircraft when pax boarded?
Any suggestions appreciated

This method which was posted in the GSX forum works well for me:-

SETUP:

• Disable Jetway and Door automation in the Fenix EFB (this makes GSX control all the animations, only need to do this once)
  • Set Pax density to “Dense” in the GSX Settings if you don’t want to wait too long for boarding.
  • For less questions from GSX in this whole sequence, I suggest enabling automated selection of providers, turnaround simulation, and disable the “confirm good engine start” in the GSX settings.

DEPARTURE:

• If you want, connect the Jetway and open first door when loading into the sim, otherwise it will connect later upon boarding
  • First call catering (if you want it) and wait for it to be almost complete
  • Then call the Fuel Truck, wait for it to arrive and GSX to ask you to use the aircraft system to fuel
  • Use the EFB to Load the aircraft and at the same time press the Request Boarding menu option in GSX so Fenix and GSX start boarding at the same time (I usually use the “fast” option for loading) - this also starts the animations for Jetway, stairs, doors etc.
  • GSX will automatically do the cargo loading once refueling is finished (this is why I use the “fast” option in Fenix since cargo loading needs to happen after fueling is done)
  • When using “fast” option in the Fenix, it’ll be faster done boarding than GSX, but that’s ok - just wait for GSX to be finished with pax and cargo loading as well.
  • While boarding is still ongoing, you can press “request pushback and departure”, it will be put on hold. Once boarding is finished, the pushback sequence will start automatically
  • Make sure to have the APU running and parking brake set, switch off external power and use the Fenix EFB to disable GPU and Chocks now (latest when pushback sequence is initiated) as otherwise GSX pushback won’t work properly

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27605.msg180710.html#msg180710

9 Likes

Thankyou for such a comprehensive response.
Much appreciated.

Vehicles like busses park in the middle of lantarns or like this picture the passenger bus parked above a static vehicle on EHRD parking 1C. The Crew bus on the other hand parked nicely next to this vehicle.

the problem is not GSX, of course, the problem is that lamp post shouldn’t be in the middle of a vehicle road!

Now, whether this is a mistake in the scenery, or a conflict with another scenery, I cannot possibly know but, clearly, that lamp post shouldn’t be there and, even if you didn’t use GSX, the small service car would have crashed into it.

The reason why the bus is floating, is becase the ground altitude there has been altered by the presence of the car crash bounding box and, considering you said that car is a static vehicle, if this is the case, I wonder what would be the reasoning of placing a static car on a vehicle road, near a lamp post that should’t even be there,

The car is not moving and it stands there all the time, so it looks like a static car.
Also the service trucks of GSX Pro run thrue other servce trucks of GSX Pro if i switch to automatic servicing. To avoid that i run servicing manual and wait until one service is ready before i call an other service to start.

I also discovered that the open luggage trailers driving to the plane are empty and when they are almost in place then suddenly the luggage on the trailers became visible.

Major GSX Pro update today, version 2.2.0 adds the REMOTE DEICING feature, in addition to many other minor fixes.

• GSX Pro NEW: Added support for REMOTE DEICING. Please check the manual to see how this feature works. This is only the 1st step of the update, with a subsequent one featuring updated editing features for custom Deicing areas to come out later.
  • GSX Pro Change: New color theme for the menu, with colors that should better integrate with non-default MSFS color themes, with a smaller font and several shortened texts, to take less space on screen without cutting out too much info. Some icons added in the menu entries, to better differentiate Runway Starts and Custom Deice areas.
  • GSX Pro Change: Changed Deicing fluid colors to be more realistic: Type 1 = Yellow, Type 2 = Clear, Type 3 = Orange, Type 4 = Green. Saturation will change depending on Concentration.
  • GSX Pro NEW: Added an option to Ignore the Departure time when using Simbrief.
  • GSX Pro NEW: Added internal support for Aerosoft DHC-6 Twin Otter and PMDG DC-6.
  • GSX Pro Change: PMDG automatic door handler now uses SDK events instead of FMC keypresses, for better reliability.
  • GSX Pro NEW: Added new Safedock types, with just a screen, useful to replace a VGDS on a 3rd party scenery, without having to show the GSX casing too, which will help with performances.
  • GSX Pro NEW: Updated manual, covering the new Remote Deicing feature.
  • GSX Pro Change: Added some exclusion patterns to prevent Jetways not being recognized correctly on some 3rd party airports using jetway links as SimObjects ( Tailstrike Designs LKPR ).
  • GSX Pro Fix: Some VGDS didn’t initialized correctly at the gate when no Simbrief was used.
  • GSX Pro Fix: Custom height in Parking System editor didn’t update correctly when moving the object.
  • GSX Pro Change: Text messages now use a Queue system, so they won’t be missed if a new message come when the previous one was still displaying.
  • Zurich for MSFS:: Added support for GSX custom Deicing pads in the default FSDT profile, with working Visual Guidance system. Scenery updated to feature more detailed markings in the Deicing areas. Fixed parking 48, which was incorrectly labeled as 4B.

Here’s a video showing the Remote Deice feature:

13 Likes

A very nice update. Question: for the de-icing pads you now implemented a visual indicator using a blue arrow. Could something comparable be implemented also for regular gates?

It was already like that for regular gates or runway starts: the “Show me this spot” feature added a few updates ago.

1 Like

Thanks, Umberto. I like the new sleek colours and font in the menu.

Must have missed it, thanks for the heads up

I like that option and use it a lot. I do wish, however, that there was an option to keep the spot indicator visible for longer periods. At an unfamiliar sport, with several terminal wings, dozens of gates and multiple cargo and GA ramps that don’t always correspond to real-life charts, sometimes the place I think I ought to park is waaaay across the airport and I have to keep invoking the GSX menu, navigating through the parking options to find the one I had selected earlier, then selecting “Show me this spot” again, sometimes more than once.

Can you add a toggle in the GSX Options page in-sim to keep indicators visible until dismissed, or a duration slider maybe like the audio volume sliders?

Where can updated GSX profile for FSDT Zurich and Chicago be downloaded?

1 Like

I believe they’re updated automatically when you update GSX.

1 Like

I think you have to update the airport itself. There was an update available for Zurich. KORD I bought in the marketplace so I guess I have to wait till MS pushes the update out.

1 Like

I have also answered you in this post.

1 Like

Just bought this after not really being sure whether it was something I’d like or use much, but 24 hrs in, & I’m hooked.

Observations-

• As others have mentioned the installer works, but is not user friendly.
  • Also the installer on a 4K scaled windows desktop just doesn’t scale right so you can’t see progress bars etc which was highly infuriating during initial install
  • Install size is quite big, but you have no idea how big before installing (I only have a 30MBPS broadband so it took a considerable while to download and then install, but I had no idea what was happening and it often looked like it was doing nothing.
  • Not sure why a fresh download isn’t the latest version. First thing needed after a fresh download is install a patch, then another patch. Why?
  • What is the purpose of the ‘live updater’ you run it and it downloads same stuff again???
    -The whole install process actually worked, but was way too confusing and I have used lots of 3rd party installers now.

Using GSX-

Overall after the install and having messed about with it (sorry not RTFM yet). Is that this add on is amazingly fun to use. Perhaps some payware airports are still catching up with the gsx ‘ini’ files (I’ve now downloaded a few from flightsim.to), and jetways don’t always work with passenger boarding for these airports (excluded from the exclude list), but when I spawned at a default airport in FS and I was blown away with the new jetways and customisations there. I don’t own Venice (LIPZ) for example, but I spawned at a gate there and was mightily impressed with the effects of new jetways & vehicles and boarding etc. Makes me want to revisit a few more default airports now.

All in all I will use this a lot. It’s worth using it for the regional voices, custom vehicles, pushback and other services alone. The ‘follow me’ car is fun addition and boarding was interesting enough to want to repeat it. Took me a while to figure out the refuelling (737), but I’ve got that tied away now.

I had an absolute blast this morning from cold and dark gate to gate (EGPF-EINN) with GSX, FSLTL, PMDG 737 and flew into EINN in thick dense fog with autoland. It was a real ‘pea souper’ (as we say here) to 50ft! Perfect landing, and “follow me” car to the gate with de-boarding passengers, bags, crew etc.

All in all just a fantastic flight simming experience. It’s things like this that show off the true potential of the sim, so I’m glad I bought a copy.

ps. thanks for all the useful info and comments on this thread really useful reading though them retrospectively (still doing so).

1 Like

Good morning GSX’ers.

Going to grab this today but wanted to ask, with GSX, I imagine I would remove the following;

• LatinVFR AREX
  • Simultech My Replacement Jetways

As GSX has vehicle and jetways as well?

And are there issues with Toolbar Pushbak?

Thanks in advance.

I’d say you would quite happily remove those two add ons. The manual talks of an order/priority for airport vehicles so I assume GSX is just set high priority in that order, but I would think you don’t need these add ons now. (I haven’t got round to removing my copies yet).

GSX completely replaces default jetways on all default sim airports, which is mighty impressive. It will try to replace on payware, but payware jetways can’t be (easily) removed so you get duplicate jetways that can sit on top of each other so you have to exclude payware airports in the options in the installer. You can do this with one click, but not all payware airports will be auto found so you will have to work through the list.
The downside can be that passengers boarding/deboarding at payware airports won’t be seen walking down the jetways as that is what the replacement glass jetways are used for.

Re toolbar pushback, I’d ditch it, as you won’t need it. Pushback is compeltely controlled by GSX. Works well too, with regional audio.

1 Like

Correct, you won’t need those. And IMHO there’s no better pushback than that one integrated in GSX.

1 Like