FSLTL - FS Live Traffic Liveries is live!

So after all this discussion, and considering Asobo is not interested in fixing AI, what is the best setup for now with all our options?

1 Like

They never said anywhere they don’t know how to fix it. As much as the short answer being given is not the one we’re looking for, saying that things can work fine on their end and not on the users, and that code sometimes breaks even after checking everything, I agree with that. Kai over at AIG has posted about sending a new fix to their internal team, so there’s that going for the issue.

1 Like

First question is what options do you see as being the alternative?
Look in this thread;

I’m speaking of what combination of FSLTL, live traffic, offline traffic, AIGround, and AIFlow works best for now. Also Offline GA.

Short answer based on the current issues of how the sim is dealing with AI traffic in any online compacity, none of those. Never used offline before so don’t know how it reacts with the AI/ATC engine.AIGround/Flow just manipulate the injected AI, so if the injection and current operation is messed up it’s not going to do much. AIFlow is unusable until the approaches are fixed. Best you’ll get out of AIGround is ground separation and anticollision at airports. I just finished a flight into Denver in which I use none of those mentioned above but the other one I listed above along with LiveATC to supplement and it was enjoyable.

1 Like

I think I will possibly consider the “other one”. I’m using FSLTL injector, FSLTL models, AIG models, offline traffic, AIGround, and the Offline GA addon. Seems to work pretty good, and I get actual real-life planes landing and taking off at some airports but not others. KJFK is very accurate but at other airports AI don’t get clearance from ATC, and just wander around. I just can’t figure out why it varies from airport to airport?

That’s a tough one as each airport is its own beast. Right now the solutions that don’t rely on the sim to control the AI seem to be the ones with the best results. That’s the best advice I can give you on that matter any further.

1 Like

Only landings should be affected by SU11 - take offs should be fine anywhere.

If you want support on FSLTL - head over to our discord server - as support is not allowed for 3rd party products on the MSFS forum.

On this forum, you will only get opinions / thoughts / ideas from other users, not the FSLTL dev team.

2 Likes

Been trying to get rid of the generic models using real-time online traffic, but not successful so far. I’ve edited the aircraft.cfg files in the Official folder.

icao_generic = 0
No aircraft visible

icao_generic = 1 and isAirTraffic = 0
Lots of aircraft but also quite a few generic.

1 Like

There are several ways of doing this but this is what I did.

There are two folders named:
Asobo-aircraft-generic-airliner-quadengines
Asobo-aircraft-generic-airliner-twinengines

Within the sub folders is the aircraft.cfg file.

I left icao_generic = 1 alone and changed all of the isAirTraffic = 1 lines to isAirTraffic = 0

This works for me. YMMV

I still saw generic models with those settings though.

To try to understand how the Traffic settings in General Options work, I experimented today with an empty community folder and having icao_generic = 0 in just the twin-engine aircraft.cfg at KSFO. I tried with IsAirTraffic = 0 in all 4 places in this file yesterday but left these at 1 today because using 0 did not seem to change my results.

Settings

• Traffic - Real-Time Online
  • Traffic - AI Aircraft Traffic Density 0 (has no effect when using Real-Time Online)
  • Traffic - Ground Aircraft Density 0
  • Traffic - Use Generic Aircraft Models (AI Traffic) OFF
  • Traffic - Use Generic Aircraft Models (MultiPlayer) OFF
  • Traffic - Traffic Variety ULTRA
  • Data - Online Functionality ON
  • Data - Live Real-World Air Traffic ON
  • Data - Muluytiplayer OFF

Result: The generic twin-engine airliner was not seen anywhere. Every gate that had an aircraft was using the generic business jet.

• Traffic - Ground Aircraft Density 50

Result: The ugly pesky pointy nose twin-jet generic airliners with pastel liveries were used to add static aircraft, even though icao_generic = 0 for the generic twin-engine airliner.

Added icao_generic = 1 to the ASOBO_A320_NEO aircraft.cfg

Result: The A320 Neo replaced the business jet, but the ugly pesky pointy nose twin-jet generic airliners with pastel liveries were still used to fill in static aircraft, even though icao_generic = 0 for the generic twin-engine airliner.

Does anyone find that the sim ignores the icao_generic setting when injecting Ground Aircraft while using Real-Time Online?

I gave up and put everything back to default in the Official Folder and restored all the traffic addons back in the Community folder.

• Aerosoft Simple Trafic - ENABLED
  • FSLTL - Injector not started, just using the full set of base models
  • AIG - Injector Not Started, just using all aircraft except the FAIB models
  • AiFlow - Auto start in exe.xml Disabled False
  • AiGround - Auto start in exe.xml Disabled False

At least those ugly pesky pointy nose twin-jet generic airliners with pastel liveries have real airline liveries this way.

3 Likes

Do you enabled live traffic here or AI offline traffic?

Real-Time Online Live traffic. I am not sure if I have ever used AI offline traffic.

It used to be really good before update 11. It was pretty spot on. Now its a mix of striped planes, some liveries, and striped on planes it used to get right like Hawaiian Airlines…

What happened in update 11?

Imagine if you will, a sealed box of compiled AI traffic code from some previous generation of a flight simulator, for which the source code has been lost.

That code is decompiled for clues to its inner workings and interdependencies, but instead of the original class “String GetCurrentPosition(String airlineFlight)” the decompiler has assigned class name declarations as "String ROX65343WEQ43Q(String YTR394yEUYI64GHT) and within that class, the decompiler has assigned more names that are equally useless in determining the meaning, purpose, and origination of that class.

This is the only reasonable explanation I can think of for SU11 failing to fix long-reported bugs In the sim and for creating new ones.

3 Likes

It’s clear the lack of attention to these details and features has hurt their credibility and trust. Hopefully as much as they claim they are reading these posts they see this and can realize all the content in the world isn’t going to work if it can’t be enjoyed by features that influence it, i.e weather or traffic. Create 10 million airports but they mean nothing without aircraft, create 10 million aircraft and they mean nothing without weather to fly in or other traffic to interact with, and if they mean nothing than pilots won’t exist “users”.

2 Likes

You say you have 4 folders for FSLTL? I only have 2 - base models and injector?

If you change the icao_generic = 0,and aren’t seeing any Live Traffic, try changing one of the generics back to icao_generic = 1.
This brought the traffic back for me with mostly FSLTL and AIG models.

Thanks, I edited the post to remove “(4 folders)”.

I was thinking of the 4 FlyByWire folders and as you say only 2 of them are FSLTL. The 4 folders are:

• flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo
  • flybywire-externaltools-simbridge
  • fsltl-traffic-base
  • fsltl-traffic-injector