FSLTL - FS Live Traffic Liveries is live!

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Does anyone use PSXT+ Real Traffic?

In FSLTL Injector how do I resolve the error where VFR traffic is removed via “dropped below VFR tracking 1000 ft” message?

I don’t think there is a way to prevent that. The VFR part is still in beta.

Just a reminder for everyone there is a dedicated PSX / Real Traffic forum post here…

I get people are disappointed that the FSLTL injector has taken a step back due to the issue with AI in SU11. But lets not turn this thread into a constant ‘sell’ post for Real Traffic and PSX while Asobo investigate these issues.

Ultimately our aim for FSLTL was to provide great models that are fully integrated into MSFS traffic AI to allow full default ATC and full sim awareness and to do it in a free and open way.

22 Likes

Agree and appreciate what you’ve done to bring us that option. Was simply answering his Q’s and also showing this can be an interim solution for those who aren’t aware or don’t know what else to do since the same issues continually keep reoccurring and being discussed over and over.

have you seen AI behaviour? I couldn’t care less about ATC, but,…really, AI constantly poping up, weird turns, crazy accelerations, gear coming down in the tarmac,…no drawbacks?

AI popping: When they do pop it’s because of a loss of data, you can see that same effect on FR24. But at least they pop back into the current stage that they are supposed to instead of popping and disappearing altogether or going from being on arrival to suddenly taxiing at the gate or vice versa, and it’s not that common.
Weird turns: Not sure when you last used it or where you were flying but the data stream has had plenty of improvements and again, you can change the delay settings to improve the quality of handling within the sim.
Crazy accelerations: When? At which point? Yes they sometimes stop and go but that’s more so to do with you probably haven’t turned off the anti collision parameters. Again, this is also apparent when you look at FR24 and has to do more with the data than anything.
Gear coming down: This happens again typically when an AI comes back and thus transfers from a “suspended” state to being on ground, doesn’t happen that often and unless you’re staring at the ground, it’s not that noticeable when it does.

As stated, given the current state and comparison with the sim traffic, the benefits out weigh the negatives. This at least provides all stages when compared to how things work now with aircraft getting stuck, going around, landing short, wrong altitudes, not following SID/STAR procedures or using improper runway configurations. Don’t need to worry about having generic planes be an issue, either.

2 Likes

ey, what can i tell you. it’s a matter of likes and dislikes. All the stutters, airplanes moving sideways, appearing then disappearing,…again,… it doesn’t appeal to me. May be I don’t have it properly set.

Hey, as long as the user is ultimately happy with their choice. If they want to continue using the AI provided through Asobo and FSLTL with all the imperfections and same goes for PSX with its imperfections as well although less prominent, that’s fine with me. No one program is perfect especially with what we’re trying to do by mimicking and capturing real world movements, but there’s definitely a point where one will offer more than the other, and who knows, maybe at once point the sim may offer something extra that PSX doesn’t. But for the sake of one just wanting the “full” experience of point A-B traffic at all phases, it’s easy to see which option provides that at this time.

1 Like

Yeah, back when I used it heavily in FSX there were several cases where I saw things that I thought were odd but turned out to be exactly what the plane was doing. Delays, pulling off of the taxiway to the side to run numbers, etc. I remember awhile back trying to depart out of LGA and got stuck in the conga line and they had split two taxiways for holding aircraft and the moment I saw an opportunity to get to the runway I went. I clocked my total taxi time at around 40 minutes. Waiting in the line and having LGA tower going and watching the line move forward as I was in it was quite immersive. They had cross landings too, so aircraft from the terminal had to cross over the landing runway to the departure runway so whenever the aircraft in front of me moved I made sure to stay close behind as well. Just one great example. Any who, back to FSLTL discussions.

ELT (Enhanced Live Traffic) is still working - it’s free and maybee an alternative!?

Would be nice to know where the source data is coming from since it’s free and how accurate it is. Also this from the known bugs:
Known bugs:

• Airplanes on the ground will teleport.
    Not sure how that may bode with others. Will perhaps give it a go. Thanks for posting.

The Code is open to see at GitHub. The teleporting is based on the lack in the function of Asobo. It’s not possible to let the airplane follow waypoints on the ground. That’s the reason that the Airplanes have to be teleported on ground for taxiing. Otherwise thy would not move on the ground…

I commend all of you guys trying your hardest to make this work as well as possible given the current situation.

It’s just become too much tinkering and not enough flying for me. For now, I’ve decided to just stick with Asobo’s live traffic with FSLTL models. I can live with the shortcomings for now. I have faith it will all get fixed at some point (hopefully soon).

6 Likes

I have hopes that they address the issue of traffic in the live that they are going to do at 18:zz Z today

and AIG’s models!

1 Like

But even this is not really good working. Yesterday with live traffic and all AiG Liveries installed more than 2/3 of the aircraft had been Asobo generic ones. Only a few AIG models.

I have installed FSLTL. All seems fine except the very final bit - the start up screen - after setting the number of aircraft etc is all ok. Except after the program says ‘Starting injection’ nothing happens - no aircraft are injected. Even after waiting 20minutes or so. Tried many busy airports - no difference. Any ideas?

Just watching the Q and A and on the basis of AI they are looking into it and mentioned about a hotfix coming along possibly at some point. The general answer was that they try to fact check as much as possible but sometimes the coding gets broken with something so complex or that what users are seeing on one system isn’t how it’s working on another. Wish they would of delved more into acknowledging specific issues and solutions than just stating the code sometimes gets broken.

once again AIG and FSLTL are left adrift and aimlessly in the ocean of oblivion… the guys from Asobo/MSFS don’t really know how to solve this error, this situation is definitely frustrating

4 Likes