FSLTL - FS Live Traffic Liveries is live!

Yes that’s the theory but you don’t see anything because you have disabled all those rubbish airplanes ie ; generic
Do you use AIG or FSLTL?

I only use FSLTL.

Yes in su10 you just set ai traffic to off and inject the sim ……it worked
But Asobo changed the ai logic in su11 so that you will get take offs but very few if any landings, that what the last 500 threads on this topic have been about how to fix it

Yeah, I’ve read all the posts since the thread was started.

Confusing isn’t , I seemed to have got my sim to work with my guide but use it if you want to
The traffic takes time to take off and land but pick a large airport and you will see

It’s a quirky workaround that’s all I’m going to say on it

Ok, so I went and re-read your how to post. It looks like you are saying to:
Set all generic aircraft to _generic = 0
Set to live traffic in menu
Set ground density to 0 in menu
Start the FSLTL injector.
My obversion is this: With all set to _generic = 0, with live traffic alone produces no traffic at all.
Then turning on the FSLTL injector produces traffic.
But, I see no difference afterwards in the amount of traffic regardless of if live traffic is running at the same time or not. So my conclusion is if I don’t want to see any generic liveries, I might as well run the FSLTL injector with live traffic off. As far as the amount of landings and takeoffs, in my experience it depends a lot on the airport you are at regardless of what method is being used. For example, I see plenty of landings at KATL with just the FSLTL injector running, even after SU11.

you changed icao_generic = 1 to icao_generic = 0
Thats all I needed to chage to stop the default generics showing up.

2 Likes

You can do then you don’t need to touch any files just have it set to off and inject FSLTL like you did in SU10

The problem is you will get virtually no landings

That’s why this thread is here

My ‘workaround’ was to use the new AI sim logic now incorporated in SU11 and FSLTL so you would get landings

It’s a bit clunky but on my system it works

Initial findings from the new Beta is that I have 3 SWA flights using an A330, another SWA flight arriving at the airport but its counterpart had already departed 30 minutes ago. Someone remind me again what it is that you do to completely remove the generic aircraft being used as a fallback? I have all of the AIG models and liveries installed for all the domestic US carriers, shouldn’t be getting this result.

More findings, have an aircraft that keeps departing early, second time now but it’s not scheduled for another 20-30 minutes. Another notice about airborne aircraft, I think the SIM locks the AI certain altitudes based on the users position. Being on the ground all AI are no higher than 7 thousand feet. Last night when doing a flight, when I was at cruise had AI at cruise and as I was descending had AI at the level I was generally at. I don’t think AI get injected at all levels, only the level the user is at. This makes more sense in an attempt to reduce FPS drops. If I am on the ground, why would I care about AI at cruise levels. This idea makes sense about why I’m not seeing departures go higher than xxx roughly 19000 feet and arrivals always get injected right at 10K.

1 Like

So that’s why i made one aircraft generic.

I also tried the new beta. I wondered why I saw generic models next to FSLTL or AIG models. Then I checked the MSFS settings menu and for some reason many settings have been set to default values. The slider for aircraft on ground was not at zero as previously set.

For anyone testing the beta, please check your sim settings again.

Results using PSX+Real traffic.

Proper gate parking using the snapshot feature, no duplicates, correct altitudes, and everything else associated with using ADS-B data not controlled by MSFS. With the historic option to adjust the data time back up to 7 days, don’t need to rely on only seeing traffic during active hours. Only caveat is no ATC.

SFO

ORD will full parking and live

ORD with only live

ORD Approach separation

1 Like

Is using PSX the best overall solution right now? What are the drawbacks compared to the FSLTL injector?

No atc and it costs 10 bucks a month , I have no problem with it , but it’s there if you want to buy just a month to try it out

When you say no ATC, you mean no communication with AI for landings and takeoffs?

That’s correct, well not quite but not msfs atc

So it has its own ATC?

No I think you need to purchase another atc package I can’t remember as haven’t used it for ages

Was in SFO today. Lots of FSLTL traffic.