FSLTL - FS Live Traffic Liveries is live!

Are we talking about the MSFS values? They should be set at 0 for FSLTL if you are using the injector.

60 is a huge amount of traffic. For comparison, I was running offline traffic set to 15-20 using Simple Traffic.
I am using a offline value of 8 trying to supplement FSLTL with some GA traffic and it works well and gives plenty of traffic.
I would significantly reduce the AI offline traffic number if I was you.

1 Like

Sorry, I meant with the msfs traffic injector. To tell the truth, it does seem like a lot. And i don’t even see most of it enroute. I have to use little navmap to see how many actual planes are around me. It does seem a bit too much, now. I think even the AI ATC seems to start going wacky after a while. I’ll drop it down.

That is a good idea though, combining the FSLTL traffic injector with ingame injector. I notice realtime is great for flying high but gives fewer low traffic (probably because most low traffic is vfr) but AI Offline gives lots of vfr traffic and fewer high traffic, it seems. (Or at least less airliners than i see with realtime). Maybe combining them is the way to go.

Thank you.

So if I understand correctly, using AIG I can be sitting at my house at nine in the evening and set the simulator to noon, and the Traffic Controller will read the traffic plan for my chosen airport at the date and time that matches the traffic plan that was used during their time frame (for example Summer 2022).

But I assume it does not currently allow “additional” aircraft like FSLTL does, so if I choose a small airport that has two dozen arrivals and departures daily then there will be no added AI traffic.

I can’t really comment on AIG or FS Traffic injectors as I haven’t used them (yet), but FSLTL will inject IFR, VFR and static at most airports. IFR is mostly airliners, and VFR is usually things like grand caravans. I’ve also seen some default business jets depending on airport. Statics are just for scenery fill out at gates etc.

I do believe that setting time and date on AIG or FS Traffic will give you the traffic scheduled at that date/time/location. That is how they are meant to work and why they exist as offline traffic injectors. So you can have traffic appear at a time/date that suits you. Irrespective of where you are in the world time zone wise.

All three work best mostly for airliner type traffic & I think and produce traffic at regional or larger airports. You may not see much AI at some tiny airports except passing by traffic overhead.

I think for smaller GA/VFR type AI traffic there may be other solutions that people are using. Again I can’t comment as I don’t use them. Flightsim.to has a mods for default sim AI just for GA traffic though.

2 Likes

I’ll give you some more back ground. AIG have cycles for their flight plans, Winter and Summer. Throughout these periods flight planners create which ever airlines from a list and release. As new repaints become available or fleets are updated, painters create the liveries. In some cases, within a few weeks or days that a new AC/livery enters service, they’ll update their plans or release a livery, it’s THAT accurate. They’ve done this since 2008/2009. Outside of the official AIG process, you also have members who make their own plans aside from AIG and fill in gaps or personal preferences. Another great site is :Log in another Mecca for AI.
Between these two places, there’s virtually daily updates or additions to be had with AI in keeping current.

1 Like

What is r\the best way to keep current on new AIG models/liveries being added?

Run AIManager and do the updates, and don’t forget to run Verify Setup afterwards

Interesting background to know, thanks.

1 Like

Is there an easy instruction how to disable Catering Trucks, Bag Loaders, Pushback Trucks for all FSLTL Models?

I don’t think it’s easy like as in an interface to do it enmasse like with FS Traffic. It would be a great option to have toggle 1/2K textures and disable that for a ‘lite’ version.
From what I understand you can disable these things by editing the model aircraft.cfg files to disable gate animations, but would need to do it enmasse to many files.
They did chew over just mass disabling this at one point, but I think that would have taken a lot away from the FSLTL experience.

So in the model ‘aircraft.cfg’ file for say ‘FSLTL_A20N’ it has the lines-

[SERVICES]
FUELTRUCK = 1
BAGGAGE_LOADER = 1
CATERING_TRUCK = 0
BOARDING_RAMP = 1
GROUND_POWER_UNIT = 0
PUSHBACK = 1
SMALL_PUSHBACK = 0
MARSHALLER = 0
JETWAY = 1

So you can likely just set these to zero to disable them for each parent model in the base models directory.

Does GROUND_POWER_UNIT = 0 get rid of that crazy truck that meanders around in front of parked aircraft?

Yepp, just try it

I’ve not tried out changing any of these default options yet. Please report back whoever is the first person that does. Would be interesting to see if there is any benefit clutter/fps wise.

HI,
anyone find a way to have logo always on?

Back in the day I could probably have written a batch script to automate a find and replace for every aircraft.cfg, but that was a long time ago :wink: Manually it would be extremely tedious.

1 Like

the best!!
o hope that next update
a339, a310 and a340 will be inserted…plss :smiley:
:smiley:

It’s only the base models that you would need to change though (listed below)which aren’t that numerous. A lot of the directories listed are liveries for a particular model. Current FSLTL Base models (34) are-

FSLTL_A20N
FSLTL_A21N
FSLTL_A319
FSLTL_A320
FSLTL_A321
FSLTL_A332
FSLTL_A333
FSLTL_A359
FSLTL_A388
FSLTL_AT75
FSLTL_AT76
FSLTL_B73X
FSLTL_B737
FSLTL_B737F
FSLTL_B738
FSLTL_B739
FSLTL_B77L
FSLTL_B77LF
FSLTL_B77W
FSLTL_B744F
FSLTL_B748
FSLTL_B748F
FSLTL_B763
FSLTL_B763F
FSLTL_B772
FSLTL_B789
FSLTL_BCS3
FSLTL_CRJ7
FSLTL_DH8C
FSLTL_E170
FSLTL_E190
FSLTL_LJ25
FSLTL_MD11F
FSLTL_P28A

But yes, I’d like one script to toggle services and another to downsize the livery textures to 2K!

1 Like

I just watched through this video for anyone wanting to optimise FPS wth FSLTL/AI traffic. It’s 40 minutes long, but it’s a very good methodical approach to FPS optimisation in sim at busy airports with FSLTL.
I’m going to use these techniques to optimise my setup tonight. From everything I already know about sim optimisation, CPU limitations, GPU & FPS this makes perfect sense, so it is worth a watch. (ps. be ready to take notes!). It’s very well explained and you see the optimisations work as he progresses.

EDIT: I have just tried this method out and it works. Solid 38-40FPS at Ini’s EGLL set at night with rain and FSLTL AI

8 Likes

Thanks but I do not use FSLTL, I just keep an eye on its development and other similar addons. I am using AIG which currently has 256 base models and although I could hand edit them all I would also have to redo them when they are updated.

I know that it is definitely possible to script that task but it has been a long time and I forget how to do such things.

3 Likes