FSLTL - FS Live Traffic Liveries is live!

Thx a lot for this info. I will think about to buy JF FS Traffic just for the models as well ( and maybe to create some own GA FP’s)

1 Like

They do look and sound nice. The FSLTL injector is still modulating engine sound volume down, a fix introduced to compensate for the screaming 100% N1 engine audio issue introduced with SU11, so with FSLTL models the external audio of traffic can sound a bit like “musical scales”. The FS Traffic AI audio isn’t “musical”, but it is still modulated by the FSLTL injector up and down (during taxi mainly) so just prepare for that. I do hope it gets fixed in SU12 so we can get back to the AI audio that we had in SU10.
I do like the ability of FSLTL to use a wide variety of AI models and liveries though. Fantastic.

Has anyone been having issues with lots of planes with blank liveries recently? Flying in and out of Heathrow in the last few days I get a lot of all white planes. Disabling blank liveries in the injector doesn’t seem to make any difference.

It doesn’t seem to be an issue with whether or not the livery is supported since I get blank BA planes and BA planes with the correct livery. Same goes for Virgin and others. Some are blank, some aren’t.

1 Like

I have blank liveries turned to ‘OFF’ and generics set to OFF too, but I can honestly say that I can’t remember the last time I saw a blank livery. Maybe try a delete and full reinstall of base models?

1 Like

Yeah I’ll give that a go. Might make a difference. The issue is really only since the last sim update.

I use AIG models as a fill in so it’s maybe not an apples for apples comparison, but worth a try with a clean model install. Some people seem to have had mixed results from the FBW installer ‘update’ process.

1 Like

I added in FS Traffic and AIG model libraries in with FSLTL and it works OK.

But I didn’t like some of the AIG liveries. The window area has a white background.
I’ll remove the AIG models and just use FSLTL and FS Traffic models.

That is an AIG “787-10”. I don’t think that model is in FSLTL or FS Traffic.

Hi,
are you still excluding the AIGAIM_FAIB models or is it ok to use them again?
Sorry if this has been brought up already, but with everything going on and all the threads r.e. AI Traffic and such, I’m a bit lost.
TIA :+1:t6:

I have the FAIB AIG models in AIG folder deleted (I think they originally had to be), but according to dev-

So my takeaway is that they may be fine if they are there but won’t be used. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

what about cabin lights? they are often not in use and it looks like there are no passengers/crew on board :laughing: I think those are aig models, too…

I have a question with regards to FSLTL, AIG, FS Traffic and the base sim that I’m hoping some of you can help me with. I know how FSLTL and (I assume FS Traffic) bases its output on the time of day based on a particular day in the past, so if I’m sitting in my chair at noon central time and spawn at LAX then I’m going to get a lot of traffic - however, if I do it at 1am central time then I won’t get much.

Is there any combination of apps/settings that will allow me to see traffic for a busy time of day even when it’s currently late at night? And please let me point out that I have one caveat - I cannot STAND the fake generic liveries that MSFS offers. I’m not so much a stickler for seeing United/American/Southwest traffic only where they should go, but I can’t take any more of those Asobo generic aircraft.

Thanks, and I hope this isn’t covered above - I’ve been reading these posts almost every day but I realize I could have skipped over some.

FSLTL is live as in everywhere right now if you look on flightradar24, it will look similar in FSLTL. It has no history or delay etc it is LIVE.
It’s considered as online traffic because it reads live FR24 data and injects AI traffic based on that live data, albeit with a tiny delay.

FS Traffic and AIG both use historical flightplan data (not live) so you can inject traffic for a day of the week and time that suits you. The flightplans they use are restricted though to certain months/years. So FS Traffic ships with 1 month of flightplans from summer 2022 schedule (I think). Other historical dates may become available later (maybe at cost?). They are considered offline traffic as they use the historical schedules to inject AI traffic.

2 Likes

AIG are constantly updating their flightplan data and have updated many to winter season 2022 in recent weeks. So quite current in many cases.

1 Like

Interesting. I don’t use AIG so didnt know that. I read somewhere that JF have on other platforms charges for historical flightplan data outwith the default that ships with it.

At Heathrow I’m getting lots of traffic at gates but next to none taking off and landing. Is there a separate setting for having airborne traffic? I’ve just looked but can’t seem to find it.

AIG flightplans are free as are their aircraft models and liveries, which are constantly being updated and new ones being added.

AIG dispatch releases are immediately announced on their Discord channel and the updates and additions are easily installed with the AIG AIManager app.

1 Like

It’s normal to wait 5->10 minutes for traffic to depart/arrive. At busy airports traffic will start pushing back after a minute or so. Just give it time to do its thing.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve used AIG manager, just not the dispatch or controller.

I’ve been getting a lot of crashes with AI offline traffic set to 60. Tried realtime online AI for a few days now and no crashes. System is a 13600k, 32gb RAM, ASUS RTX3070 KO.

Can anyone confirm? Maybe I’ll try a lower traffic value and see.

Yeah I see that now. I just needed to be patient. I much prefer FSLTL over the sims in built live traffic as there appears to be less of a performance hit for me at really busy airports. Its really satisfying to see that huge stack of landing planes at Heathrow.

It would be great if we could have name tags in FSLTL though. Its nice to see which planes are which.

1 Like